Who are some of your favorite Rock bands from 2000 to present?

VicariousVice

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to think of very many great Rock bands over the last few years. Help a brother out?

I've always loved Deftones work from 2000 era and beyond, such a refined style for hard rock/metal.

system of a down have some good songs after 2000

Only band I've had a love for after 2000 is Avenger Sevenfold. When I first heard M Shadow's vocals on an album I was sure they overproduced it to make it sound that way, then I saw their live performances and was very plesantly surprised how incorrect my first impression was. Never heard anything like it, and I doubt I ever will after. Synister Gates's lead guitar riffs and solos are the best I've heard outside of Metallica's.

Case in point... my favorite song of theirs, The Beast and The Harlot.

[YT]DD2vwOw29OQ[/MEDIA]

I've always loved Deftones work from 2000 era and beyond, such a refined style for hard rock/metal.

You know, I've never really given that band a fair shake. I'll look them up on YouTube.

AMEN were my favourite band. Saw them live 14 times overall.
More punk metal than rock though and they are returning this year with a new album.

Black Keys
White Stripes
Radio Moscow
Steepwater

You know, I've never really given that band a fair shake. I'll look them up on YouTube.

If you want more of a melodic chill rock sound go with their last three albums, pre 2004 stuff is heavier but still awesome.

system of a down have some good songs after 2000

System are a great band. Toxicity, Ariels, Chop Suey, Prison Song, Science, BYOB, Question, Lonely Day, are all great songs. Classics.

They have their own sound as well. When I hear Serj sing or Darons guitar playing I instantly know who it is.

I thought Diamond Eyes was their best album.

Overall one of the more impressive bodies of work that I can think of.

Black Keys
White Stripes
Radio Moscow
Steepwater

Been a fan of The White Stripes for a while now, great band. Gave Black Keys a listen last night for the first time actually. Havnt heard of the other two. I'll check them out.

I've had some similar questions of late. Almost no bands that I listen to are of recent origin.

To give an idea of my musical tastes, I love older school metal like Megadeth and Judas Priest, but I also--without apology--was into a lot of nu-metal, like Disturbed, early Linkin Park and early Papa Roach. I also like a fair amount of metalcore.

What I DON'T get into are the "brutal" Death and Black metal bands with growly vocals.

If anyone has any suggestions for more contemporary bands then I'd be appreciative.

Been a fan of The White Stripes for a while now, great band. Gave Black Keys a listen last night for the first time actually. Havnt heard of the other two. I'll check them out.

Check out Chulahoma by the black keys. It is only 6 songs, but it is their best album. They are all Junior Kimbrough songs, but they do a great job covering them.

I've had some similar questions of late. Almost no bands that I listen to are of recent origin.

To give an idea of my musical tastes, I love older school metal like Megadeth and Judas Priest, but I also--without apology--was into a lot of nu-metal, like Disturbed, early Linkin Park and early Papa Roach. I also like a fair amount of metalcore.

What I DON'T get into are the "brutal" Death and Black metal bands with growly vocals.

If anyone has any suggestions for more contemporary bands then I'd be appreciative.

I can understand how many have a problem with distorted vocals. It's an acquired taste really, I didn't like it much when I first started listening too bands with it in their music. And many bands just don't get it right as well. In my opinion, believe it or not there is such a thing as good distorted vocals and bad.

Brutal Death Metal and Black Metal were always two genres I found hard to get too big into though. I always preferred Melodic Death Metal and a bit of Technical Death Metal because the music behind the vocals is usually really good.

Lately though I've had more of an interest in Prog and Traditional Metal.

I don't like the new direction this band has taken, but some people may like this simpler "rock" sound.

This is what they used to sound like when they were my fav band.

3 Doors Down has been one of my favorites to listen to for a couples years now.

Back