Who are some of your favorite Rock bands from 2000 to present?

You fucking kidding me? Grohl is the only person keeping rock alive (at least mainstream rock).

By 'alive' you mean pumping out the same post-grunge dreck he's been doing for over 15 years because he doesn't know how to do anything else? FF are just above Nickelback-tier.

Man there are a whole bunch some are
Rise against
All that remains
Ffdp
Anti flag
A7x

AMEN were my favourite band. Saw them live 14 times overall.
More punk metal than rock though and they are returning this year with a new album.

AMEN is still playing? Gonna have to check this out.

My vote goes for Rise Against. They've been producing quality music since 2000-2001.

Kasabian
Arctic Monkeys
Phoenix
Interpol
Arcade Fire

AMEN is still playing? Gonna have to check this out.

Yep, they've been away for ages but Casey Chaos has got his shit together. Dave Lombardo is in the band now:

10835382_10204237389189577_2225660176830347183_o.jpg

I saw them live the last few times on the last tour and it was pretty chaotic. Which was good, but probably not healthy for the band!

Psychedelic Rock:
Wooden Shjips

[YT]2IxZaJZX4OI[/YT]

These guys are straight outta the 60s. They're very popular with the hipster/new age hippie crowd, but an amazing band nonetheless.
Allas-Las
[YT]-Q1v5XzYNp0[/YT]

The Libertines. Absolute pinnacle. Everything people say the Arctic Monkeys are and more. I even like the Arctics.

Mastodon

kJgXa78.jpg

[YT]MzQ5o7b7qf0[/YT]
NO ESCAAAAAPE, BINDING SPIIIRIIIIITS!!!!!!

Last edited:
ghost-bc_opt.jpg

Ghost

Avenged Sevenfold
Five Finger Death Punch
Mastadon
Devildriver
Lamb of God
Modern Life Is War
My Chemical Romance
Rise Against
Ventana

A lot of the "more popular" bands during this era were complete garbage.

The 2000s were not a great time for rock music. Perhaps if u were into the Indy or alternative scene but not mainstream bands

I have loved The Deftones since the 90's. I have never heard anyone say that about them. Usually they hate their later work. I love it all but still, the good ol days of around the fur were the best. :icon_chee

First two albums will always be my favourites because I was so in love with them growing up. But just objectively I think Diamond Eyes is the most polished, complete album they've put out.

By 'alive' you mean pumping out the same post-grunge dreck he's been doing for over 15 years because he doesn't know how to do anything else? FF are just above Nickelback-tier.

Seriously. I take my hat off to Grohl for what he's accomplished but he's basically pumped out the same formula to the masses for years.

I'll also throw my vote in for Mastodon and Black Keys.

the national for me.

Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, and the Deftones were my big three, but a lot of great bands have been listed. I'm more old school in my taste, so I know I'm ignorant of a lot of great music being made right now.

Green Day
Black Keys

First two off the top of my head

The lack of queens of the Stone Age itt is absurd.

ghost-bc_opt.jpg

Ghost

Avenged Sevenfold
Five Finger Death Punch
Mastadon
Devildriver
Lamb of God
Modern Life Is War
My Chemical Romance
Rise Against
Ventana

Yeah I've seen you post before and knew right away your name and avatar was a nod too Ghost. Nice bro. Good band.

[YT]PLBDWc3TJeGV0fwA4m4p5E9vrjWvktGgPu[/YT]

Back