white peoples roles and responsibilies

Black lives matter can't even articulate properly what they want.
Yelling & abusing people that won't listen to them. So no, i will not be following or bowing down.

I love myself! And I'm white. I just don't lose my shit every time disadvantaged parties try to create a little bit of space for themselves. We white men are so, so, so, so, so, so SO so far from ever being remotely close to becoming a disadvantaged party ourselves. We can let minorities and women take up WAY more space and still have plenty left over for ourselves. This constant inertia and making them all fight for every inch of ground is absurd. We can just let them do their thing, man. We can even listen to what they have to say and encourage them to take it further. It's safe.

This is not a case of people creating space for themselves. This is not a case of people looking for equality. Im all for those things for everyone. This is an agenda that is being carried out via this kind of propaganda that causes a group of people to not only accept their demise, but actually ask for it. Obviously whites have not yet become a disadvantaged party, we can all agree on that, but should we wait until we are to stand up and say enough is enough. Constantly demonizing white people is not the way to seek equality at all. It will only create more division.

This is not a case of people looking for equality.

Oh it most clearly and certainly is. It's not like we're going to go from a black guy saying whites should quiet down and move aside to whites becoming an oppressed people in one click. It's crazy to think that such a thing could happen in this country. A nudge in this direction IS a nudge toward equality, since we as a society are so very far from racial equality.

This is not a case of people creating space for themselves. This is not a case of people looking for equality. Im all for those things for everyone. This is an agenda that is being carried out via this kind of propaganda that causes a group of people to not only accept their demise, but actually ask for it. Obviously whites have not yet become a disadvantaged party, we can all agree on that, but should we wait until we are to stand up and say enough is enough.

We are so very, very far from ever being remotely close to becoming a disadvantaged party. This is not a thing we need to worry about right now. If we ever start feeling the squeeze of being an oppressed party, we can deal with that then, but this will not happen in your lifetime.

I don't get why people are so angry about white privilege being brought up. It clearly exists. I think it touches a soft spot in white people.

Being white I'm glad for the benefits that I have. It's really nice. But I admit they exist. And that I didn't earn it. My ancestors did though. I don't feel guilty about it. But it should be talked about. Just as if any other group gets a lot of advantages. It should be talked about. Like women in child custody cases. Lets talk about female privilege too.

Whoa. You guys are really really mad about this. What a strange thing to be freaking out about.

Yeah... Basically accusing all white people of having some kind of original sin and posting procedures for repentance is going to rustle some jimmies.

Not sure why that's surprising.

Oh it most clearly and certainly is. It's not like we're going to go from a black guy saying whites should quiet down and move aside to whites becoming an oppressed people in one click. It's crazy to think that such a thing could happen in this country. A nudge in this direction IS a nudge toward equality, since we as a society are so very far from racial equality.

We are so very, very far from ever being remotely close to becoming a disadvantaged party. This is not a thing we need to worry about right now. If we ever start feeling the squeeze of being an oppressed party, we can deal with that then, but this will not happen in your lifetime.

Again ill say that the path to equality is not to demonize white people. That is clearly a path to division. How many non racist white people are constantly bombarded with this crap in the media day in and day out until all of a sudden they are feeling "screw these people" ? Id say many. This movement is creating more racism from whites by putting them into a defense mode. And creating more racism by blacks by pointing to whites as the"enemy". Its a destructive movement that is an embarrassment to any real effort to achieve racial harmony. It is not something that should just be shrugged off as "harmless".

I don't get why people are so angry about white privilege being brought up. It clearly exists. I think it touches a soft spot in white people.

yes .. 'white priviledge' exists in a majority white country .. so what ? .. that's to be expected .. people are fkn dumb .. you want a 'blank priviledge' .. go to a country that has your majority

Being white I'm glad for the benefits that I have. It's really nice. But I admit they exist. And that I didn't earn it. My ancestors did though. I don't feel guilty about it. But it should be talked about. Just as if any other group gets a lot of advantages. It should be talked about. Like women in child custody cases. Lets talk about female privilege too.

Until they can be quantified in a realistic way, I am just prone to think they don't exist. Women winning acrimonious child custody cases is statistically verifiable. White privilege might be, but as of right now the only easily verifiable privilege belongs to blacks.

Whoa. You guys are really really mad about this. What a strange thing to be freaking out about.

Some folks are just born angry and they never get better. Maybe it's a past lives thing. There's sure enough things to be pissed off about that if you're "angry person" it's easy to find an excuse to be angry and shout to the mountaintop about the injustices done to you. The world is as it has always been and people are people.

This is not a case of people creating space for themselves. This is not a case of people looking for equality. Im all for those things for everyone. This is an agenda that is being carried out via this kind of propaganda that causes a group of people to not only accept their demise, but actually ask for it. Obviously whites have not yet become a disadvantaged party, we can all agree on that, but should we wait until we are to stand up and say enough is enough. Constantly demonizing white people is not the way to seek equality at all. It will only create more division.

there you go ..

look how fork just 'talked down' nonwhites in that last post ..the typical lib racist without even realizing it(or maybe they do) .. minorities aren't 'helpless, don't know any better puppies' fork .. they have capable brains like anyone else and should be held to an equal standard in how they treat others, like anyone else .. you fit right in with the 'blacks can't be racist' groupies ..

fork is the typical spineless beta white person .. don't want to offend anyone or step on anyone's toes even though they're disrespecting the shit out of me' .. utterly spineless beta .. NO ONE needs or should put up with this bs

There is no such thing as "white privilege". Please explain any privileges received solely for being white.

Until they can be quantified in a realistic way, I am just prone to think they don't exist. Women winning acrimonious child custody cases is statistically verifiable. White privilege might be, but as of right now the only easily verifiable privilege belongs to blacks.

Hahaha you are prone to think they don't exist. Talk about living in denial.

Again ill say that the path to equality is not to demonize white people. That is clearly a path to division. How many non racist white people are constantly bombarded with this crap in the media day in and day out until all of a sudden they are feeling "screw these people" ? Id say many. This movement is creating more racism from whites by putting them into a defense mode. And creating more racism by blacks by pointing to whites as the"enemy". Its a destructive movement that is an embarrassment to any real effort to achieve racial harmony. It is not something that should just be shrugged off as "harmless".

As a white man I have never once in my whole entire life felt "demonized". I've felt like I'm being asked to listen, and to help make space. If the language gets a little loud and abrasive sometimes it's because of the phenomenon so clearly demonstrated in this thread; the privileged class digging in its heels and squealing like terrified schoolgirls every time they're asked to make a little room. If social commentary like the OP creates "division" it's because white people freak the fuck out and go scrambling for their weapons when there's really no threat being presented.

There is no such thing as "white privilege". Please explain any privileges received solely for being white.

Applying for loans is easier.
The laws of our society are made to target minorities. White crimes aren't punished as much. Doing coke isn't as bad as doing crack, for literally no reason other than black people do crack more than white people.
I mean do I even really need to go through this? You don't think racism is a problem in America? When it's a problem in every single community where there is a dominant race and a less powerful (either do to money or numbers) race. But nope, not in America lol

there you go ..

look how fork just 'talked down' nonwhites in that last post ..the typical lib racist without even realizing it(or maybe they do) .. minorities aren't 'helpless, don't know any better puppies' fork

Nobody's saying that you idiot.

yes .. 'white priviledge' exists in a majority white country .. so what ? .. that's to be expected .. people are fkn dumb .. you want a 'blank priviledge' .. go to a country that has your majority

Sure it's to be expected. But that doesn't make it okay. If I go walking through East Oakland at night it's expected that I'm going to get my shit taken. Doesn't mean it should get taken.

I feel like this post comes awfully close to saying "it's okay for the majority to oppress the minority". I can't say I agree with that at all. But I'm definitely not in favor of this self-deprecating strategy some Caucasians have adopted.

Applying for loans is easier.
The laws of our society are made to target minorities. White crimes aren't punished as much. Doing coke isn't as bad as doing crack, for literally no reason other than black people do crack more than white people.
I mean do I even really need to go through this? You don't think racism is a problem in America? When it's a problem in every single community where there is a dominant race and a less powerful (either do to money or numbers) race. But nope, not in America lol

Are you serious about that? I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Back