• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whitaker, Jan & Sterling didn't get a rematch, Izzy shouldn't either...

The only man to be on the not-so-good side with Dana who also received 2 instant title rematches is Stipe. I agree with you but Dana has a much better repertoire with Izzy than he does with Stipe and he's getting one once again after being insanely inactive.
The reason Stipe is getting a title shot isn't because of Stipe. It is because of Jon. Stipe is expected to lose and aid the marketing favorite (Jones)
Nah man you're rewriting history. Khabib was suspended by NSAC for the brawl he started after he won at UFC 229. He was certainly never "punished by UFC" the way you're claiming.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...-conor-mcgregor-suspension-ufc-229-brawl-nsac
I understand that was the excuse. I remember Dana hyperventilating about the governor's life being in danger and other smear job bullshit. I also remember when their MMA media and fan sentiment called out the organization solely for being Conor fans/rigging the deck as much as possible for him. I also remember Dana conceding on ESPN "people just aren't upset about it" with a sad tone like he was disappointed the propaganda push they did wasn't successful in the slightest.

Yeah, they tried. The night of the fight Dana publicly said they were considering taking the belt from him. Just because Khabib won the political fight vs the UFC doesn't mean the fight never happened.
I don't even want Israel to get a rematch because history shows he will lose. But you are right, this is how it works.

I wouldn't call it rigged, except for maybe with Aldo.
Rigged in the sense that they push to ensure their desired outcome is the most likely... absolutely. Judges, refs, who gets promoted and who doesn't, who gets the do-over and who doesn't, who is given blank checks for trash talking, who gets punished and who gets a free ride for controversy or criminality, who roids and who can't... rigged rigged rigged.

Anyway, really weird that Eugene pushed for the rematch ASAP. The fact he said "next week" tends to suggest it was nothing physical (as did Izzy). And if it something mental... why the hell would next week make a mental difference over this week. Strange.

Back