• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whitaker, Jan & Sterling didn't get a rematch, Izzy shouldn't either...

That isn't how it works. Non-marketing favorites (Robert + Aljo + Aldo + Poatan) don't get rematches when they lose. Marketing favorites (O'Malley + Conor + Izzy + Amanda) get do-overs when they lose so that the UFC can get the "right" outcome. Keep in mind the only reason we didn't get Khabib vs Conor 2 was because Khabib took a moral stand against that shit, and the UFC punished him for it by not letting him fight for a full year and briefly TRIED to take his belt from him too (back before they realized his starpower / PR pushback was so strong in favor of Khabib that they abandoned it).

Most predictable shit there is. All you have to do pre-fight is identify who the marketing favorite is, then you'll predict who's eligible for a rematch or not. The deck is beyond rigged. So yeah, get ready for a rematch.
I don't even want Israel to get a rematch because history shows he will lose. But you are right, this is how it works.

I wouldn't call it rigged, except for maybe with Aldo.

He just cashed his rematch card against Poatan one fight ago, strickland destroyed him, the fight was not close... If he gets an immediate rematch, its number one bullshit. When Rob lost his belt to Izzy, he had to fight THREE contenders to get a rematch. This Dana white priviledge BS is disgusting. If Izzy gets a rematch, then Aljo should get a rematch too...
The only man to be on the not-so-good side with Dana who also received 2 instant title rematches is Stipe. I agree with you but Dana has a much better repertoire with Izzy than he does with Stipe and he's getting one once again after being insanely inactive.

Agreed even though I don't think he should get it. I would let Strickland defend against the Costa Chimaev winner...I would book Izzy v du Plessis then let the winners face off for the belt...he'll you could even let the losers fight after as well.
Who does Jared fight having a win over Strictland?

Strickland vs DDP
Izzy vs Khamzat
Whitaker vs Cannonier 2

This is what we should see next, provided Khamzat beats costa.
Sounds good to me, I think Costa upsets Khamzat btw

You can also have DDP vs Izzy next while Rob faces Khamzat/Costa winner and Jared vs Sean 2 for the belt

Keep in mind the only reason we didn't get Khabib vs Conor 2 was because Khabib took a moral stand against that shit, and the UFC punished him for it by not letting him fight for a full year and briefly TRIED to take his belt from him too (back before they realized his starpower / PR pushback was so strong in favor of Khabib that they abandoned it).

Nah man you're rewriting history. Khabib was suspended by NSAC for the brawl he started after he won at UFC 229. He was certainly never "punished by UFC" the way you're claiming.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...-conor-mcgregor-suspension-ufc-229-brawl-nsac

What is the goal of the UFC business? Hint, it’s not about fairness or earning your shots.

Good question lol...I forgot he just beat Martin...maybe he should get 1st crack at Strickland?
A lot of possibilities. I feel Jared and DDP should be 1st choice as opposed to the Izzy rematch or Costa/Khamzat winner due to both of their inactivities.

We’ve been in the instant rematch era for a while now. You have to beat the champ twice now in the UFC.

Give him a rematch Strickland's gonna bully him again

He just cashed his rematch card against Poatan one fight ago, strickland destroyed him, the fight was not close... If he gets an immediate rematch, its number one bullshit. When Rob lost his belt to Izzy, he had to fight THREE contenders to get a rematch. This Dana white priviledge BS is disgusting. If Izzy gets a rematch, then Aljo should get a rematch too...
Sir who would you like him to fight other than DDP which would be stupid as it absolutely would make more money as a title fight. Understand Sir this is a business and a sport. Do you honestly think keeping the biggest name top 3 in a sport struggling with lawsuits and trying to maintain relevance out of title fights because you don’t like him and he lost once to a guy who lost a bunch, you think that’s how things should go? Are you serious?

this is one of the least deserving rematches of all time. Israel JUST had an immediate rematch, and Strickland absolutely destroyed him. It was one of the most one sided title fights in recent memory

if Strickland beats him again tho...thatll be interesting, what does he do from there? Follow Potatotan to LHW? be hilarious if Strickland just followed him to LHW and beat him again, repeating the Potatotan saga

Agreed, I'm ok with and immediate rematch for a long reigning champion of at least 3+ defenses or if it was close as hell or winning until they got caught but losing the title on the first defense in a lopsided fight? Nah fuck all that.
Yeah, especially how it all went down. It wasn’t a quick stoppage, nothing controversial, no grappling just striking and Strickland dominated with at least 4 rounds to 1.

Adesanya knew he was behind and just couldn’t get going, couldn’t land anything significant. He broke and ran away in the fifth when he should’ve gone for broke and try to finish at all costs. Instead he chose to run.

No rematch.

Yeah, especially how it all went down. It wasn’t a quick stoppage, nothing controversial, no grappling just striking and Strickland dominated with at least 4 rounds to 1.

Adesanya knew he was behind and just couldn’t get going, couldn’t land anything significant. He broke and ran away in the fifth when he should’ve gone for broke and try to finish at all costs. Instead he chose to run.

No rematch.
Especially this, Izzy did nothing at all to warrant a rematch, he didn't even try in this one so why do it again?

Especially this, Izzy did nothing at all to warrant a rematch, he didn't even try in this one so why do it again?
Do I need to add that this was in Izzy’s backyard? Strickland was brought over to lose.

<{hughesimpress}>

I really hope they do Strickland vs DDP instead of giving Izzy a rematch. Make Izzy fight Khamzat or some other up and comer before getting another shot.

Do I need to add that this was in Izzy’s backyard? Strickland was brought over to lose.

<{hughesimpress}>
Exactly but that's also an excuse to give him a rematch, just like Connor when he lost to Nate who was brought in and tailor made to lose to him then didn't lol.

Izzy will get the rematch because he sells PPVs simple as that. The UFC stepped in one with this outcome. They were clearly hoping to match up Izzy with Khamzat or DDP and bring in more money. Dana definitely wishes he was Vinnie Mac and could predetermine some of the outcomes of these fights. Dude has a hate boner for Strickland.

Back