Whiskey, War, Suicide, and Guns

There is hope for the beer log yet.

Nice lifts. Made 315 look easy.

I couldn't have done it without a steady supply of Belgian beer.

12/3/10 - Friday - Overhead

Oly Squat:

418x1
462x1
485x1x3
440x5

Push Press:
220x1
242x1
264x1
286x1
308x1 (+5 PR)
319x1 (+16 PR)
264x5

Press:
135x3
185x3
225x4 (+1 rep PR)

Chins:
BWx12

Last night at my gym before it becomes turbo gay. My left shoulder is still a little tight which makes my rack position 10 kinds of fucked up but it all worked out despite that. Squats were light and quick which is good for me with a high bar position and no belt.

It's turning into some sort of Fitness 4 Life gym and most of the good equipment is being moved out to make way for machines and ellipticals. *sigh*

It's turning into some sort of Fitness 4 Life gym and most of the good equipment is being moved out to make way for machines and ellipticals. *sigh*

That's a shame, it looks like a good place to train. I'm envious of the space for indoor prowler/sled use. Maybe you can buy some of the equipment they're getting rid of for cheap.

Went and checked out the damage in the gym today. Worse than I expected. Ugh. I guess it's back to Powerhouse. Goodbye, sweet EliteFTS competition bench, GHR, and 4 olympic platforms with Eleiko bars.
pouroneout.jpg

12/9/10 - Thursday - Lifting

Oly Squat:
455x1
475x1
495x1
405x3x5

Bench Press:
315x5x5

Deadlift:

507x1
551x1
606x1

Decent workout today. After speaking with the owners of the new place I think I can make due. They agreed to leave one of the olympic platforms, and they kept the EliteFTS squat rack and bench, so I think we can make due. Squat and deadlift were both beltless PR's. Deadlift was easssy.

This is Mike. He is 40 some years old and started lifting right three months ago with Tony the Ninja and I's guidance, and pulled 518 in his 10th deadlift session ever. He also benched 370 this week. He is a freak. He also looks like Darius Rucker on steroids, a fact I remind him of everyday.

Damn, Mike made that look easy.

Good lifting Donut. You're one strong mofo.

Thanks. I am stronger than I used to be and weaker than I will be.

12/13/10 - Monday - Squat:

Back Squat:
455x3x5

Front Squat:
352x5,5,4

GHR:
BWx15x3

Sit-Ups:
BW+25x15x3

Good workout. 455x3x5 was beltless which is a good PR. I'll take off deadlifting this week because I'm going to train some stones and 18" deadlift with BG Sunday, maybe some other shit. Presuming I am not in a hospital in Buffalo with BG after he crashes into a tree drunk skiing.

12/15/10 - Wednesday - Bench

Bench Press:
335x3x8

Press:
154x10x5

Dips:
BWx20,20,16

BB Curl:
95x10x5

Fuck me, bench felt good tonight. Steve Slater called me back and said I will have to compete at 265 since the 231 is full and he can't add more slots due to the venue. The contest was only up for 2 weeks too. Oh well, I guess I don't have to worry about making weight. I'll have my work cut out for me though, I know two of the guys in the 265 and they are big fucking ogres.

Any particular reason you do such high reps on GHR?

Edit: It just occurred to me that that may be a dumb question. I was just wondering how much assistance such high reps would be for squats and dl's when it's more in the strength conditioning range.

Last edited:
Great work. Sucks about the gym. That Mike guy is crazy strong. Did he train at all before or have any sort of strength background? Or is he just a freak?

Any particular reason you do such high reps on GHR?

Edit: It just occurred to me that that may be a dumb question. I was just wondering how much assistance such high reps would be for squats and dl's when it's more in the strength conditioning range.

It's a goddamned glute ham raise, it doesn't matter. The less I "know" about training the stronger I get. I just go in and move heavy things around and then get a pump in some weak areas.

Great work. Sucks about the gym. That Mike guy is crazy strong. Did he train at all before or have any sort of strength background? Or is he just a freak?

He was a sprinter in college but no formal weight training of any type. He's just a freak.

Sorry about your gym.

Nice lifting.

Also, I'm jealous of your partner/pupil. I mean, the Darius Rucker part, not the lifts.

My thought process was that at that rep range would it even be considered assistance since it's more conditioning, but I get your point. And I've never done them so I'm not criticizing, just seeing if you knew something I wasn't aware of.

I have been severely lacking in my logging duties, but not my training.

12/30/10 - Wednesday - Deadlift:

Fat Gripz Hang Clean:

220x5x3

Deadlift:
529x3x6

18" Deadlift (+belt & straps):
405x1
495x1
585x1
675x1
725xfail

Lunge:
132x10+10x3

GHR:
BW+25x10x3

No way in holy hell I am making the jump from 675 to 765 in the comp for 18" deadlift. I don't see a whole lot of people making it, so my plan is to get 675 in the fewest attempts.

12/31/10 - Friday - Overhead

Axle Clean & Push Press (clean once):
220x1
242x3
275x3x3

Press:
198x3x5
198x7

Chins:
BWx3
BW+25x3
BW+50x4
BW+25x6
BWx10

DB Military:

65x10
75x10,8
65x10

DB Hammer Curl:

50x10x3

Had to go to Powerhouse because my regular gym closed at noon. I haven't lifted in Powerhouse since 2007, but find it hilarious that all the same people are still there, lifting the same exact weights, and looking exactly the same. Meanwhile I have put on 40 pounds and 500 pounds on my total since I was last in there. People must love wasting their time.

1/3/11 - Monday - Squat

Back Squat:

worked up to 495 and then shut it down because the inside of my right knee felt explodey. I walked a whole lot over the weekend in Chicago which made me sorer than I'd like to admit.

Leg Ext:
millions

Leg Curls:
millions

Calf Raises:
millions

Bad Girl Machine:

millions

1/4/11 - Tuesday - Push

Press:
205x5x5

Bench Press:
325x4x5

DB Military:
50x10
60x10
70x10x3

BB Curls:

100x10x5

Going to hit some log and axle Saturday so just got some volume in.

Back