Media Which UFC Fighter Had The Best Performance In 2021? (So Far..)

Who had the best performance in the UFC so far this 2021

• Total voters
Obviously Francis. None of the other people could beat Stipe.

<seedat>

Reactions: Gio
Probably Jan. Because its not like he won because of size advantage. Most of the fight was him outstriking a high level kickboxer who had the height/reach advantage over him and was supposed to have the speed advantage too. It was very unexpected and impressive.

No2 would be Rose, Dustin in third.

So many good choices. Some well thought out replies made me look at some of the fights in other ways. Excellent thread ts! I don't know which is the best but there was something special about all of those wins listed.

Black Beast laying Blaydes out cold, it was epic and beautiful

My favorite moment so far of UFC in 2021

It sucks you can only vote for one. There have been a lot of great performances this year. I would say Moreno just due to his status as the underdog as well as what was at stake and just his sheer dominance. But Holloway had a breath taking beatdown.

Kamaru easy. 2 dominant title defenses in less than half a year. Both finishes also.

Definitely a great KO. I just feel he didn't looked the best he's been on that one and was just waiting for the right moment to to pull his counter as Blaydes went for the TD. Still one ot the best KOs this year

Rose. she didnt even get hit, Moreno close second, but fig seemed weight drained. Dustin got hit and stunned, usman fought a journeyman lw, jiri got hit a good amount, max was hit alot despite what people say, Ngannou got rocked, Whittaker got hit a lot too

Max. Set records against a dangerous guy and made it look like child's play.

Lewis was getting soundly out struck while he was on his back foot, frozen until Blades foolishly shot a TD. Impressive KO. Not an impressive performance, Imo.

Max. Set records against a dangerous guy and made it look like child's play.

He has set the bar way way above in the start of the year. Hope he heals up soon and hopefully we get to see him fight again this year. Yair or KZ, I won't mind.

Kamaru easy. 2 dominant title defenses in less than half a year. Both finishes also.
That's the best body of work and case for fighter of the year. I don't think either of those was the best single performance of the year. Usman is the front runner for fighter of the year IMO.

Best Performance in the UFC for 2021 (So far...)

Alright, title says it all sherbros. Which UFC fighter do you think had the best performance so far this 2021?

I chose 11 of the most outstanding performances (so far in my opinion), based on the fighter's dominance, their excellent execution of skills/gameplan, being the best they ever looked, by digging deep, and shining when it matters.

----------​

1.) The self proclaimed "best boxer in the UFC baby" Max Holloway opening the year with a 5 round beatdown of Calvin Kattar. What a performance to kick off the year!

max.gif

2.)
Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier avenging his 2014 loss to the returning Conor McGregor as he mixed it all up and utilized calf kicks which led to a TKO stoppage in the second round and gave McGregor the first TKO loss of his career.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-16a51d63ccc6c0c4e2.gif

3.)
Francis "The Predator" Ngannou putting in all together and finally winning the prestigious UFC Undisputed Heavyweight Title with a devastating 2nd round KO win against Stipe Miocic.

e2WFu3J.jpg

4.)
Jiri Prochazka with his warrior-like mentality showed his unconventional style and technique (and new hairdo) as he put on a show and executed one of the most brutal spinning elbow finishes in the UFC against the man who arguably beat Jon Jones, Dominick Reyes.

gJyGzYj.jpg

5.)
Kamaru Usman finishing Jorge Masvidal with a vicious KO after being criticized with his "lack luster" performance in their first bout. With having the reputation of being a 'decision' fighter in the past, The Nigerian Nightmare has now finished 3 of his last 4, and no doubt he's gonna add some more.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-187450fca623974ced.gif

6.)
Rose Namajunas reclaiming her world title with a beautifully timed head kick and finishing the champ, Zhang Weili, by TKO. Thug Rose came in as the underdog in this fight, and in the end she showed why she is the best.

ptC3JjF.jpg

7.)
Jan Blachowicz halted Israel Adesanya's hopes of being a 2 division champ as he showed why he is a true champion and the jump from 185 to 205 is no joke. He put on a dominating performance and out-landed Adesanya in every round despite the heavily biased commentary, and handed Adesanya his first career loss.

jan8719c11c425b26e6.gif

8.)
Robert "The Reaper" Whittaker leaves no doubts that he is the true #1 contender in the MW division when he put on a one sided UD victory over Kelvin Gastelum in a match that is touted as an "unfinished business". This is Whittaker's 3rd straight top 10 opponent win and now he's set to fight for the title next.

rob2ac0ed5348c2f994.gif

9.)
Valentina Shevchenko wowed everyone in the first title fight since the crowd are back at UFC 261, as she showed other tools in her arsenal and once again proved why she's levels above the division as she finishes former champion Jessica Andrade via 2nd round TKO.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-18b8e252fe98b9a8bf.gif

10.)
Rob Font puts on a breakthrough performance in his first UFC main event as he outclassed former BW champ Cody Garbrandt and earned a 5 round unanimous decision win. No doubt, this win has put him in the title contention talks in the stacked BW division.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-17d1483d1bf12edc76.gif

11.)
Brandon Moreno's dream of being a UFC champion finally came true after a long road of ups and downs when he beat Deiveson Figueredo via 2nd round submission in their much awaited rematch at UFC 263. It was a masterful performance for the ages.

moreno.gif

----------
There you have it sherbros! Please comment if you think there are other great performances that deserves a mention and kindly share them if you like.

Cheers guys! :)
yt5aac566528d150e58.png

-TYB
Damn what a quality thread, thank you TS

He has set the bar way way above in the start of the year. Hope he heals up soon and hopefully we get to see him fight again this year. Yair or KZ, I won't mind.

I hope he fights soon. I don't want to see him waste his prime. Only two fights in two years.

Usman because he actually has 2 title defenses in 2021 and won both by KO so I would just say he's had the best 2021

Lewis was getting soundly out struck while he was on his back foot, frozen until Blades foolishly shot a TD. Impressive KO. Not an impressive performance, Imo.

It was kinda similar to Dustin/Conor 2 in terms of competitiveness and Dustin may have been tagged a lot of times in that one, but him showing new looks with his wrestling and calf kicks and taking Conor past 7-8 mins (which not a lot can do) and stopping him for the first time in his career is a much impressive feat. I just think Lewis hasn't shown much and like he said he was only waiting for the big shot all night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back