Media Which UFC Fighter Had The Best Performance In 2021? (So Far..)

Who had the best performance in the UFC so far this 2021

• Total voters
You shouldve made this thread after UFC 264 because I have a feeling that Conor will put on a performance of the ages.

I wanted to make one for the first half of 2021 (January-June) and hopefully another by the end of the year (July-December).

shouldnt have wmma fighters in the poll options especially someone like valentina who beats up on out of shape soccer moms

For me Usman. His performance surprised me. Everybody predicted a win but nobody here predicted a KTFO.

Reactions: Gio
Max vs Kattar was arguably one of the craziest performance ever in MMA. Looked like a god for 25 min.

Honorable mentions for Francis, Usman, Rose and Moreno.

This is really tough so I'll go with Jan cause not only was he evolving at an odd time of his career but the current UFC champ was " supposed" to lose to Adesanya. That fight was of validation even though I think he'll lose to Jiri but he'll knock out Glover first.

As much as i like Whitaker, i wouldn't have that fight up there. Rob is now a full sized middle and gastelum, an obvious welter, looked a class + smaller than Rob.

As soon as they touched gloves, i knew it d be a task and a half getting inside vs Rob ..... and that was kelvins only chance of winning.

Also, shev doesnt belong up there. I dont even have to explain. Usman was a heavy favorite but THE WAY he finished the boxing savvy masvidal- I cant blame.

Most choices cant fault-

Moreno was there to take that title or die trying, he then proceeded to take apart and submit a dominant champion and Bjj black belt

Usman knocking out a forty year old guy he had already fought is impressive?

what the fuck

<45>In before he fights Cowboy for his next title defense, knocks the old man out, and yells at the fans to put some respect on his name. Which some very dumb fans do....

Last edited:
Matrix Max for me
DecimalSoftGadwall-size_restricted.gif

<WhatItIs>

Last edited:
I would say Blachowicz. He went into the fight an underdog, and won in a manner that essentially killed any desire for a rematch (or any desire for Israel to ever compete at 205 again.)

Moreno also won as an underdog, but you can't help but feel a trilogy would look closer to the first fight than the second.

Usman knocking out a forty year old guy he had already fought is impressive?

what the fuck

<45>In before he fights Cowboy for his next title defense, knocks the old man out, and yells at the fans to put some respect on his name. Which some very dumb fans do....

Jorge is 37 and only just 3 years older than Usman. And prior to this fight, Jorge has only been TKO'd once in 49 fights, and that was 13 years ago. He's the first guy to KO him in the UFC. Usman also put up a 14 fight win streak and it is the longest active streak in the company. He also took this fight just 9 weeks after Burns fight.

Jorge is 37 and only just 3 years older than Usman. And prior to this fight, Jorge has only been TKO'd once in 49 fights, and that was 13 years ago. He's the first guy to KO him in the UFC. Usman also put up a 14 fight win streak and it is the longest active streak in the company. He also took this fight just 9 weeks after Burns fight.

Look, he's a world champion, and if he can't knock an opponent close to 40 out who he's already fought out when his head coach is arguably the best striking coach in MMA then what is Usman doing all day?

I was not mocking the choice to include him in the list, rather the fact he has so many more votes than fighters who actually accomplished spectacular things.

I would say Blachowicz. He went into the fight an underdog, and won in a manner that essentially killed any desire for a rematch (or any desire for Israel to ever compete at 205 again.)

Moreno also won as an underdog, but you can't help but feel a trilogy would look closer to the first fight than the second.

Great pick. Hell of a performance and way to represent the LHW division after the Jones era. Everyone expected a crowning of a new 2 division champ, but we saw a brash rising star lose his aura of invincibility instead.

Yes, a 3rd fight is inevitable, but I won't mind seeing them fight new/fresh opponents in their next bout. Brandon won the rematch pretty convincing. I think Figgy needs a tune up fight. This is one of those fights where you don't wanna rush it like Cain vs JDS.

Best Performance in the UFC for 2021 (So far...)

Alright, title says it all sherbros. Which UFC fighter do you think had the best performance so far this 2021?

I chose 11 of the most outstanding performances (so far in my opinion), based on the fighter's dominance, their excellent execution of skills/gameplan, being the best they ever looked, by digging deep, and shining when it matters.

----------​

1.) The self proclaimed "best boxer in the UFC baby" Max Holloway opening the year with a 5 round beatdown of Calvin Kattar. What a performance to kick off the year!

max.gif

2.)
Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier avenging his 2014 loss to the returning Conor McGregor as he mixed it all up and utilized calf kicks which led to a TKO stoppage in the second round and gave McGregor the first TKO loss of his career.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-16a51d63ccc6c0c4e2.gif

3.)
Francis "The Predator" Ngannou putting in all together and finally winning the prestigious UFC Undisputed Heavyweight Title with a devastating 2nd round KO win against Stipe Miocic.

e2WFu3J.jpg

4.)
Jiri Prochazka with his warrior-like mentality showed his unconventional style and technique (and new hairdo) as he put on a show and executed one of the most brutal spinning elbow finishes in the UFC against the man who arguably beat Jon Jones, Dominick Reyes.

gJyGzYj.jpg

5.)
Kamaru Usman finishing Jorge Masvidal with a vicious KO after being criticized with his "lack luster" performance in their first bout. With having the reputation of being a 'decision' fighter in the past, The Nigerian Nightmare has now finished 3 of his last 4, and no doubt he's gonna add some more.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-187450fca623974ced.gif

6.)
Rose Namajunas reclaiming her world title with a beautifully timed head kick and finishing the champ, Zhang Weili, by TKO. Thug Rose came in as the underdog in this fight, and in the end she showed why she is the best.

ptC3JjF.jpg

7.)
Jan Blachowicz halted Israel Adesanya's hopes of being a 2 division champ as he showed why he is a true champion and the jump from 185 to 205 is no joke. He put on a dominating performance and out-landed Adesanya in every round despite the heavily biased commentary, and handed Adesanya his first career loss.

jan8719c11c425b26e6.gif

8.)
Robert "The Reaper" Whittaker leaves no doubts that he is the true #1 contender in the MW division when he put on a one sided UD victory over Kelvin Gastelum in a match that is touted as an "unfinished business". This is Whittaker's 3rd straight top 10 opponent win and now he's set to fight for the title next.

rob2ac0ed5348c2f994.gif

9.)
Valentina Shevchenko wowed everyone in the first title fight since the crowd are back at UFC 261, as she showed other tools in her arsenal and once again proved why she's levels above the division as she finishes former champion Jessica Andrade via 2nd round TKO.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-18b8e252fe98b9a8bf.gif

10.)
Rob Font puts on a breakthrough performance in his first UFC main event as he outclassed former BW champ Cody Garbrandt and earned a 5 round unanimous decision win. No doubt, this win has put him in the title contention talks in the stacked BW division.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-17d1483d1bf12edc76.gif

11.)
Brandon Moreno's dream of being a UFC champion finally came true after a long road of ups and downs when he beat Deiveson Figueredo via 2nd round submission if their much awaited rematch at UFC 263. It was a masterful performance for the ages.

moreno.gif

----------
There you have it sherbros! Please comment if you think there are other great performances that deserves a mention and kindly share them if you like.

Cheers guys! :)
yt5aac566528d150e58.png

-TYB

Great thread... Hard to pick lol...

Im soooo torn....

Francis looked good but got caught before the k.o

Max was stellar..

Rose was otherworldly

Usman blasted masvidal first to stop.him...

Fuckkk..and moreno too

Usman,
He baptized the entire front row with Street Jesus's soul. Plus Herb looks like he's a Detective at a crime scene in that gif.

Also Also, Herb refs alot of freaking fights. Dude must have hella child support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back