which punch generates most power?

otizik**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Every time you see someone getting hit by an uppercut, it's a game changer.

the punch you don't see coming. Which is why the uppercut often rocks people, it's a sneaky sob

I'd say hooks. BUT:

• Timing an uppercut to land as a guy changes his level for a takedown or strike will absolutely starch just about anyone (see: Mark Hunt vs. Chris Tuchscherer, Steven Siler vs. Mike Brown had the same effect albeit just with bad hunched posture on Brown's part, and Gray Maynard wobbled Frankie BAD during one of their fights by doing this)
  • Stepping in with a hard straight punch as someone is walking forward towards you will generally completely starch them as well (see Machida's knockout of Ryan Bader, or Melvin Manhoef's knockout of Mark Hunt)

However, those are scenarios in which the circumstances of two bodies colliding makes the punch dramatically stronger. In terms of just punching, hooks have the weight of hip swinging violently behind them, so to rephrase, they're probably the most powerful strike to land on an opponent that is standing bolt-upright. BUT! You can also create a collision with a hook by getting someone to circle into it, which is how Matt Brown brutally KO'd Mike Swick. But I am going on a shpiel here...
the punch you don't see coming. Which is why the uppercut often rocks people, it's a sneaky sob
Yeah, pretty much every fighter I've heard talk about this kind of thing say that they always get dropped by the punch which hurts the least or that they don't see.

yfv9g.gif

I disagree I think it would be the hook with the power hand

This is a pretty basic question but in terms of raw power, either a straight right punch (most people's dominant hand is right) or hook is most powerful.

The uppercut does not have as much raw powerful nor is it easy to land but when it land it hurts.

They can all knock a person out if thrown hard and 'correct' enough, so they can all be a 10. Even a jab.

On average if you're just talking about power I'd say an overhand.

There's no such thing as a specific punch which generates the most power in a fight. The punch that generates the most power in general is a standing hammerfist.

If it thrown correctly with the prper force , a straight punch from your back leg is the most powerful. Uppercuts may look more powerful but that's because generally when they land it wasn't seen on the way in.

I'd have to go with the uppercut. The mechanics are pretty much the same as swinging a baseball bat. Plus they're sneaky sobs and its always the punch you don't see.

You know a fighter is head hunting when he's throw that over hand.

An overhand with proper core rotation is devastating too.

If done correctly, the left hook is the most powerful.

You get the most amount of torque from your body

I alway thought spinning backfist it's difficult to land but you get so much momentum in that spin!

Right Straight orthodox, Left Straight southpaw

Uppercuts are wicked too ts

The 'saturday night special'. Big overhand right, like the one Fedor flattened Rogers with. Hips, ass, shoulders, weight, everything thrown into it.

Back