• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which of these bands would you say is the most technically proficient?

Pearl Jam then AIC

Alice in Chains

Bonus video of Mad Season which had a member of AIC and Pearl Jam in it. Also the drummer played on tracks with REM and STP

Of your list?
Pumpkins

Darcy was the weak link in the band and still she was a good Bassist.

For sure they’re up there

of the ones in the op I really only know Alice In Chains and Smashing Pumpkins well enough to comment. I would say Alice in Chains

AIC is my favorite out of the four in the OP; but yeah, I’m not qualified enough to speak on the others from a technical standpoint.

hard to say, but jerry cantrell is the best musician out of anyone in those bands.

Soundgarden

AIC had best songs IMO tho

My fav of them all is Alice in chains, but as far as technical proficiency, I'd have to give that to smashing pumpkins. You could tell they spent a whole lot of time on song arrangements and sound mixing/mastering. It just sounded a tad more clean then the other guys.

Vocally it's AIC...

but I'd have to say Smashing Pumpkins, then PJ, then AIC then SG

Vocally it's AIC...

but I'd have to say Smashing Pumpkins, then PJ, then AIC then SG
Cornell and Staley have very similar voices.
Corgan is the complete reverse of then.
All of then very powerful.

The Smashing Pumpkins for me. Corgan was basically a music nerd perfectionist
I always thought Corgan got in the wrong music style for the kind of personality he have.
Had he got into straight Hard Rock he would be way more successful then he was in Grunge.

Cornell and Staley have very similar voices.
Corgan is the complete reverse of then.
All of then very powerful.

Wait you think Cornell and Staley have similar voices lol. How?

Cornell is one of the greatest rock singers of all time. Chris clearly had the best range out of just about any rock musician at the time. He was prob the best pure rock singer out there.

I don’t see how you can listen to them and think they sound the same.

Back