Which list of wins is more impressive out of these two?

I'll tell you why, TS is notorious for trying anything to belittle St-Pierres in every way possible.
And this is why no one should even bother responding to an obvious bitter GoAT hating troll in the 90% of his post that just HAVE to HAVE GSP mentioned.

People say Conor lives rent free in other people's head, but truly GSP has ownership status of TS's head, and it's really laughable. Hahahahahahahaha

I'll tell you why, TS is notorious for trying anything to belittle St-Pierres in every way possible.
if he was to list those wins you've mentioned as well, he should've listed another two wins of McGregor as well (to keep the number of their best wins even) but since McGregor literally has no other big names on his resume, while GSP easily has 10+ quality wins.

It's not just that though, he fails to mention the context of the wins of both St-Pierre and McGregor for the same reason.
McGregor's best wins are almost exclusively against guys that are either significantly smaller than him or that were very unexperienced at the time. On the other side, GSP has cleaned out the whole welterweight-division - without having to cut so much weight that he's looked like a Zombie at the weigh ins, like Conor did.

McGregor isn't even in the conversation to be one of best fighters of all time, whereas if you combine the record of the opponents GSP, Jones, Aldo and Silva have won against inside the UFC, St-Pierre's opponents have the best win/loss-ratio out of those mentioned and with the exception of Bisping, all these wins happened at one of, if not the most stacked divisions ever as well, not to mention that Jones and Silva have tested positive for stuff.
tenor.gif

Anyone that legitimately attempts to argue that Conor has a superior resume to GSP is touched in the head.

Exactly, that's what you have to resort to. You change the subject from fighters to titles. I'm a fight fan.
One of the fighters on Conor's list was ranked as the #25 FW in the world at the time he beat him. Nobody on GSP list was ranked below #3 at the time GSP fought them.

People are answering the question the correct way. They are assessing the lists based on the time frame of when those fighters were beaten.

I think it's clear GSP has the better resume, but at the same time im not taking away from Conor's success. If he defends titles , beats dominant wrestlers then maybe there will be a better comparison. But until then it's pretty clear , recency bias and all lol

That's because as of right now the fighters in the first list are highly ranked or in their primes. The fighters in the second list are irrelevant NOW since they're at the twilight of their careers. In 10 years, people on the first list will feel just like the guys on the second list. In 10 years a guy like Holloway might be a guy fighting on the prelims.

Isn’t this the same dipshit that was yelling and screaming about how Colby was going to destroy Usman

One of the fighters on Conor's list was ranked as the #25 FW in the world at the time he beat him. Nobody on GSP list was ranked below #3 at the time GSP fought them.

People are answering the question the correct way. They are assessing the lists based on the time frame of when those fighters were beaten.
My point is that the very first post in the thread is a guy talking about Bruce Buffer saying "championship" before the fight, rather than the details of the fights and fighters themselves.

I haven't even compared the lists, but maybe I will do at some point.

My point is that the very first post in the thread is a guy talking about Bruce Buffer saying "championship" before the fight, rather than the details of the fights and fighters themselves.

I haven't even compared the lists, but maybe I will do at some point.
@Taric

Here are the wins ranked in order, considering the skills of the opponent at the time, AND the manner of the victory:

Alvarez
Aldo
Cerrone

Hughes
Poirier
Fitch
Mendes
Penn
Holloway
Shields
Nick Diaz
Condit
Bisping
Nate Diaz

Conor's wins are in green. His quick finishes of Aldo and Cerrone, and his showcase against Alvarez, are more impressive than anything GSP did.

But Diaz tapped him out, and in the 2nd fight Diaz got robbed to please the Irish crowd.

@Taric

Here are the wins ranked in order, considering the skills of the opponent at the time, AND the manner of the victory:

Alvarez
Aldo
Cerrone

Hughes
Poirier
Fitch
Mendes
Penn
Holloway
Shields
Nick Diaz
Condit
Bisping
Nate Diaz

Conor's wins are in green. His quick finishes of Aldo and Cerrone, and his showcase against Alvarez, are more impressive than anything GSP did.
I feel bad for you.

I feel bad for you.
Nonsense, you're trying to put me down because you're threatened. If you really felt bad, you wouldn't feel the need to mock me. If you weren't threatened, you'd have chosen to refute my post instead of insulting me before running away.

Nonsense, you're trying to put me down because you're threatened. If you really felt bad, you wouldn't feel the need to mock me. If you weren't threatened, you'd have chosen to refute my post instead of insulting me before running away.
Son, you just stated that defeating a 36 year old, 2 TKO loss streak, Cowboy Cerrone is a superior win compared to defeating the reigning UFC WW champion that had a 41-4 record.

Just stop. There is no helping you.

Son, you just stated that defeating a 36 year old, 2 TKO loss streak, Cowboy Cerrone is a superior win compared to defeating the reigning UFC WW champion that had a 41-4 record.

Just stop. There is no helping you.
Different eras of the sport. Cerrone much more well rounded than Hughes. Conor was at a size disadvantage while GSP had an advantage. Conor finished his opponent in 40 seconds, with amazing accuracy, while taking literally zero strikes. GSP's win was impressive, don't get me wrong, which is why it's high on the list. But context and manner of victory matter.

But look at your post. I showed you up in my last post and I'm gonna do it again now. "Son", "just stop", "there is no helping you". You have to try and belittle because you don't have a strong argument. That doesn't work when talking to me.

@Taric

Alvarez
Aldo
Cerrone

Hughes
Poirier
Fitch
Mendes
Penn
Holloway
Shields
Nick Diaz
Condit
Bisping
Nate Diaz

How you win is irrelevant... a knockout artist is always going to have more "flashy" wins than a more calculated, well rounded fighter.

One could easily argue that the Aldo, Alverz and Cerrone wins aren't all that impressive because they were too quick establish an informed opinion. Sort of like Serra over GSP

How you win is irrelevant... a knockout artist is always going to have more "flashy" wins than a more calculated, well rounded fighter.

One could easily argue that the Aldo, Alverz and Cerrone wins aren't all that impressive because they were too quick establish an informed opinion. Sort of like Serra over GSP
How they win is definitely relevant to how impressive I find the win. And that's that my list is; how impressive I find the wins.

I agree that Conor didn't get to showcase a well rounded skillset against Aldo. But at that same token, GSP didn't showcase the ability to quickly destroy an opponent in ANY of his fights. And that's a very important ability in fighting.

I hope you aren't bringing up the Serra example to call Conor's wins flukes. Conor has clearly established an ability to finish his opponents early. It literally happens more often than not. Meanwhile the belief was that Serra caught GSP with a shot that doesn't land much of the time, and that he'd get dominated much of the time. Serra did have heavy hands though for sure.

Back