Which Fuel card do you like better, Ufc Fuel7 London or Ufc Fuel 8 Japan?

basically it seems to come down to do you like the old school fighters or the new school fighters.

Can anyone really say Gomi or Wandy are more exciting than Mcdonald, Barao, Gunnar Nelson, Tehuna or Jimi Manuwa at this point? Yet no one is bringing up Nelson, Tehuna or Manuwas fights and everyone keeps bringing up Wandy and Gomis fights.

I just feel like people are overrating the quality of some of the Ufc Japan fights because of fighters names rather than what they have done lately.

Wand, Hunt, & Gomi on the same card? Wait what, Okami - Lombard?

Shit real, UFC in Japan looks awesome.

Both good but i personally like the japan one alot more. It hAs lombard vs okami and freakin mark hunt!!!

oh got another man who only likes fighters with big muscles. Sorry but if you aren't interested in Mcdonald/Barao then you aren't any better than the meathead affliction wearing fans. Actually you probably are one. Mcdonald is one of the most brutal finishers in mma. Not appreciating his talents just makes you look ignorant.

I have a different opinon to you so I cop abuse - perhaps you are the meathead?
I think you will find the majority want to see the Heavyweights and find the small fighters who go to decision mostly booring.

I personally prefer the London card, it has the title fight plus I think the matchups are more interesting with more potential for excitement. I'm not really overly excited about any of the fights on the Japan card.

The Japan card for sure! But out of all those fights I'm looking forward most to UK's main event.

The cards are so contrasting in terms of being stacked I thought TS must have been a disgruntled Pom being sarcastic asking the question.

Japan HANDS DOWN.

As a Brit who loves Terry Etim, I love the 7 under card, but 8 has the better main card.

The cards are so contrasting in terms of being stacked I thought TS must have been a disgruntled Pom being sarcastic asking the question.

Japan HANDS DOWN.

uhm big names or young talent that is the question. Seriously Ufc on Fuel 7 has just as many exciting fighters and top ranked fighters(actually has the two highest rated fighters). Seriously Mcdonald vs Barao is a much better fight than any on Ufc on Fuel 8. Tehuna/Jimmo, Siver/Swanson, and Diabate/Manuwa also stack up pretty well also.

I already knew how most would answer when starting the thread. Sherdog is enamored with big names, whether they are top fighters still or not. Unlike other sports where fans cherish young talent a lot of mma fans have to be smacked over the fact with an exciting fighter on multiple occasions to recognize the talent. Seriously why else would people be more pumped for Silva/Stann than Barao/Mcdonald?

I think it speaks volumes that literally no one choosing the Fuel 8 card is even talking about Lombard/Okami(by far the best and most relevant fight on that card). I get it people love big names but it will never fail to baffle me.

uhm big names or young talent that is the question. Seriously Ufc on Fuel 7 has just as many exciting fighters and top ranked fighters(actually has the two highest rated fighters). Seriously Mcdonald vs Barao is a much better fight than any on Ufc on Fuel 8. Tehuna/Jimmo, Siver/Swanson, and Diabate/Manuwa also stack up pretty well also.

I already knew how most would answer when starting the thread. Sherdog is enamored with big names, whether they are top fighters still or not. Unlike other sports where fans cherish young talent a lot of mma fans have to be smacked over the fact with an exciting fighter on multiple occasions to recognize the talent. Seriously why else would people be more pumped for Silva/Stann than Barao/Mcdonald?

I think it speaks volumes that literally no one choosing the Fuel 8 card is even talking about Lombard/Okami(by far the best and most relevant fight on that card). I get it people love big names but it will never fail to baffle me.

What other sports are you talking about? Almost all major sports are built on a combination of young talent and older, big name stars.

Kobe Bryant is 34 and is still one of the most popular basketball players in the world, the only one who is bigger right now is LeBron and he's been in the league 9 years so he isn't exactly "young" for NBA standards.

Even with the additions of RG3 and Andrew Luck the two golden boys in the NFL are still Brady (35) and Manning (36).

Even with the additions of Bryce Harper and Mike Trout the most famous and most polarizing MLB player is still A Rod (37). Derek Jeter (38) is the most beloved athlete in New York, just like Big Papi (37) is still a hero in Boston.

Even though he isn't the most skilled tennis player anymore, Roger Federer is still the most popular tennis player in the world, much like Tiger Woods is still the most popular golfer.

You act like once a fighter falls out of the top 10 or reaches his 30th birthday that he should be dropped by all of his fans and traded in for a newer, better model.

If you don't fuel this sucks but it won't suck forever -
Fuel is PROBABLY only going to carry UFC events until the end of this year. All would be UFC Fuel shows will probably go to Fox Sports 1. Fox Sports 1 does not exist yet but its channel location would be Speed. Speed would be rebranded as Fox Sports 1. Speed is in 80 million homes. 10 million less than Spike right now. It will get more homes once it is rebranded by Fox because of better content. It will hold NFL MLB and European Soccer programming. It will be ESPN's rival.

Actually word is Fuel is being turned into Fox Sports 2, no word on if they will still carry UFC content but I dont see why they wouldnt split programming between both FS1 and 2.

london has a better main event in my opinion, and japan has the rest of the card

I personally prefer the London card, it has the title fight plus I think the matchups are more interesting with more potential for excitement. I'm not really overly excited about any of the fights on the Japan card.

Yeah I'm with you. Whilst on paper Fuel 8 is the far better card, I think Joe and Sean have done a really good job with the match making on the uk card. Theres potential for a great night of fights (and a lot of finishes) on that card. The Te Huna Jimmo fight is probably my favourite fight on either card.

fuel 8 in japan

thats the card i think is better

going to ufc london courtesy of my girlfriend for xmas. first time, cant wait, title fight and war jimmi next lhw champ!

Back