Which Fuel card do you like better, Ufc Fuel7 London or Ufc Fuel 8 Japan?

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Both of these cards look stellar. Especially for fuel cards.

Ufc on Fuel 7
London, England
February 16th, 2013

MAIN (FUEL TV, 3 p.m. ET)

Renan Barao vs. Michael McDonald - for interim bantamweight title
Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
Cyrille Diabate vs. Jimi Manuwa
Ryan Jimmo vs. James Te Huna
Justin Edwards vs. Gunnar Nelson
Che Mills vs. Matthew Riddle

PRELIMINARY (Facebook, noon ET)

Terry Etim vs. Renee Forte
Danny Castillo vs. Paul Sass
Josh Grispi vs. Andy Ogle
Stanislav Nedkov vs. Tom Watson
Vaughan Lee vs. Motonobu Tezuka
Ulysses Gomez vs. Phil Harris

UFC on FUEL TV 8
Date: March 2, 2013

Main Card

Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann
Hector Lombard vs Yushin Okami
Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Mizuto Hirota vs. Rani Yahya

Preliminary Card
Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares
Bryan Caraway vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome
Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim

Personally I think the best fight out of either card is clearly Mcdonald vs Barao but I like the Ufc on Fuel 8:Japan card the best.

Really you can't go wrong with either. Man is it just me or has the Ufc been putting on some stellar free cards lately?

If you don't fuel this sucks but it won't suck forever -
Fuel is PROBABLY only going to carry UFC events until the end of this year. All would be UFC Fuel shows will probably go to Fox Sports 1. Fox Sports 1 does not exist yet but its channel location would be Speed. Speed would be rebranded as Fox Sports 1. Speed is in 80 million homes. 10 million less than Spike right now. It will get more homes once it is rebranded by Fox because of better content. It will hold NFL MLB and European Soccer programming. It will be ESPN's rival.

Barao is always fun to watch but Wand is da man.

With the way Lombard put Paul Harris a way like that and placed on the same card as Wand, not to mention Struve/Hunt I'm going with UFC on Fuel TV 8.

But both cards look exciting.

good question, just because I have Pride nostalgia I'll go with #8

Great, I have Fuel but not Speed. Fuck me

Great, I have Fuel but not Speed. Fuck me

Rupert Murdoch and his boys are powerful. The current "Speed" will get more homes because people of all sports will demand it. People won't want to miss NFL, NCAA, MLB etc coverage. Not only are cable companies tired of ESPN demanding more money but the professional sports leagues want more competition for network deals.

If Fox achieves its goal of being a competitor with ESPN they will be in the same amount of homes. NBC Sports and CBS Sports do not have the sports contracts that Fox does.

Dana White and Co knew what they were doing when they signed this contract. Fox probably came to them and said they were working on a channel to rival ESPN. Fuel was just a short time help us thing that UFC did for Fox. Fuel will still have some value after Fox Sports 1 and 2 are created.

fuel 8 in japan

thats the card i think is better

fuel 8 by a long shot. not really a tough decision

oh man i live in the same city as jimmo but i fear for his life against te huna

both look very good, but if I had to choose I'd say the one in Japan looks slightly better

There's a significant drop off after the first 2 fights of the UK card. The other 4 fights likely wouldn't be on the main card of any other event (outside of maybe the Te Huna vs. Jimmo fight). The Japan card though, Hunt vs. Struve, Gomi vs. Sanchez, Kim vs. Bahadurzada & Okami vs. Lombard could be on the main card of any card.

There's a significant drop off after the first 2 fights of the UK card. The other 4 fights likely wouldn't be on the main card of any other event (outside of maybe the Te Huna vs. Jimmo fight). The Japan card though, Hunt vs. Struve, Gomi vs. Sanchez, Kim vs. Bahadurzada & Okami vs. Lombard could be on the main card of any card.

very true but there isn't any fight on the Ufc Japan card that holds a candle to Barao/Mcdonald(in terms of actual relevance, fighters talent or in technical or finishing ability).

Plus I'd consider Tehuna/Jimmo just as good a fight as Gomi/Sanchez and Manuwa/Cyrille is a heck of a fight as well. Plus the UK card features probably the best prospect on either card(unless the Horiguchi fighting on Ufc Japan 2 rumors are true) in Gunnar Nelson. Really the only main card fight that isn't solid is Riddle/Mills which still should be fun.

Neither card should be on Fuel, especially the Bantamweight title fight. The only title fight that's actually been earned through fighting. Should be on Fox or a PPV but I guess the UFC isn't interested in promoting their BWs unless Faber is in the fight.

Putting Wand on free TV is a great way to get lots of ratings but there's so many people that don't get Fuel. The whole card is a hell of a lot more interesting that Fox 6.

oh and to answer the actual question instead of my rant, 8 looks better by far

Neither card should be on Fuel, especially the Bantamweight title fight. The only title fight that's actually been earned through fighting. Should be on Fox or a PPV but I guess the UFC isn't interested in promoting their BWs unless Faber is in the fight.

Putting Wand on free TV is a great way to get lots of ratings but there's so many people that don't get Fuel. The whole card is a hell of a lot more interesting that Fox 6.

oh and to answer the actual question instead of my rant, 8 looks better by far

Wand would not bring huge ratings. He hasn't been a big draw for the Ufc at all. I'm not sure if I agree Ufc on Fuel 8 is more interesting than Ufc on Fox 6. Pettis/Cerrone is a far more relevant and exciting fight than any on Fuel 8. Basically you are assuming what appeals to hardcore fans does the same for casual fans. The truth is Cerrone/Pettis, a title fight and Rampage/Glover will draw and bring in more viewers than any fight on either fuel card.

I agree both cards could use a bigger platform but what is the Ufc to do? People bitch when they put on mediocre cards but then bitch when they put on great cards?

Isn't it better to have a great card in 40 million homes than a poor one? Plus like KingCillo said the Ufc is not going to be on Fuel much longer.

Wand would not bring huge ratings. He hasn't been a big draw for the Ufc at all. I'm not sure if I agree Ufc on Fuel 8 is more interesting than Ufc on Fox 6. Pettis/Cerrone is a far more relevant and exciting fight than any on Fuel 8. Basically you are assuming what appeals to hardcore fans does the same for casual fans. The truth is Cerrone/Pettis, a title fight and Rampage/Glover will draw and bring in more viewers than any fight on either fuel card.

I agree both cards could use a bigger platform but what is the Ufc to do? People bitch when they put on mediocre cards but then bitch when they put on great cards?

Isn't it better to have a great card in 40 million homes than a poor one? Plus like KingCillo said the Ufc is not going to be on Fuel much longer.

Yeah I know all of this I'm just making fancy complaints because I don't have fuel and I'd rather see both of those cards than Unrampage vs Glover and two midgets fighting.

Glad to know they wont be on fuel much longer though

Back