Which culture has the best view/acceptance of death?

I think its less about having the answer, and more about what you personally think about the subject and how it affects you sir.
If the point it to evaluate my subjective feelings, I don't really care.

If the point it to evaluate my subjective feelings, I don't really care.

Its not really your subjective feelings, but more about what you know of different cultures ways of viewing death, and how you feel about them...and if you feel one is "better" than another.

I get what you're saying though sir.

Its not really your subjective feelings, but more about what you know of different cultures ways of viewing death, and how you feel about them...and if you feel one is "better" than another.

I get what you're saying though sir.
That's still just me expressing my feelings. Because there isn't objective clarity towards an answer. We've just ran a circle.

That's still just me expressing my feelings. Because there isn't objective clarity towards an answer. We've just ran a circle.
It was a beautiful circle though sir, and we're better men because of it ;)

That day is dia day los muertos...day of the dead.
They wear costumes and paint their faces like skeletons and such to represent the ghosts.
That's where sugar skulls came from.

Its actually a celebration of the dead, not to party because they're dead but to party to celebrate who they were in life.

@zapataxiv am I wrong here brother?
Well, the point is, they aren't like a lot of cultures who fear or avoid the subject. I guess we have holloween which is actually a pretty grim celebration itself when you think about it.

Well, the point is, they aren't like a lot of cultures who fear or avoid the subject. I guess we have holloween which is actually a pretty grim celebration itself when you think about it.

Yeah, they embrace it, which is something most people shy away from.
I personally think its beautiful to celebrate/cry for your ancestors with everyone else, but that's just my personal opinion sir.

Yeah, they embrace it, which is something most people shy away from.
I personally think its beautiful to celebrate/cry for your ancestors with everyone else, but that's just my personal opinion sir.
I've been listening to a lot of info from this fella, Ed Calderon, he gives a lot of insight on the culture. Alot of it is occult indigenous beliefs that have permeated the culture and syncretized into catholicism. Diffferent cultures look at it differently, I was listening to a podcast by some navajos last night, they belief their ancestors watch over them and guard them.

I've been listening to a lot of info from this fella, Ed Calderon, he gives a lot of insight on the culture. Alot of it is occult indigenous beliefs that have permeated the culture and syncretized into catholicism. Diffferent cultures look at it differently, I was listening to a podcast by some navajos last night, they belief their ancestors watch over them and guard them.
I believe my ancestors watch over me as well.
This would be a very long explanation, but I see it that way because of my Native elders, being Native myself.

Im Native Portuguese and French and don't really pay attention to my other sides lol

I believe my ancestors watch over me as well.
This would be a very long explanation, but I see it that way because of my Native elders, being Native myself.

Im Native Portuguese and French and don't really pay attention to my other sides lol
could be, sometimes I wonder myself when i avoid a catastrophy.

I thought the norse accepted Christianity as the prospect of Ragnarok is too bleak to accept.
They integrated the same way other pagans did, through political marriage of kings and other leaders. They were just the last ones essentially, unless you count the mongols later on

I like the tao view of death. They say your consciousness stops being isolated and joins the consciousness of the universe. The lessons learned from being an isolated consciousness are used to strengthen the combined consciousness. With the end goal of spreading nature to the places that currently have no nature. Eventually when nature is spread everywhere and there are no lifeless zones, the need for isolated consciousness ends and humans will become extinct and evolution of all species will stop. Eve ryone who has ever lived will be connected as one from that moment onwards and we will all have the joint memories that we all created.

There is an added branch of thought that this is what true "hell" could be. If we do too much evil, cause too much suffering. We will all remember and experience the suffering forever when we become one.
I've heard this too, outside of Tao and it's intriguing. The guy (I think it was a remote viewer) was talking about being in a simulation and when we die, we return to the creator who absorbs our experiences that we had in life, then we are born again (reincarnated). And that's the purpose of life, to experience and then share it with the creator over and over.

I look at death a lot differently than I used to. Yeah my grandparents died and that sucked but they were old. What really hit me was when I was 35 my good friend died and he was only 24, it was a freak accident. We were literally having a blast Wednesday night, driving around with two sisters partying and loving life. He slept on my couch that night, I saw him there on my way out to work Thursday morning. Then Friday evening I find out he's in the hospital on life support.

Kill a bunch then suicide yourself to be congratulated with 72 virgins definitely.
Disclaimer: I know not all Muslims hold this belief.

Yea they didn't think this one through.

I work with teenager girls and the idea of spending eternity with 72 of them sounds fuckin horrific and like the opposite of heaven.

In ancient latvia you didn't even need to be a corpse. As soon as someone became a burden (too old or too sick), they were blindfolded, so neither they, nor their spirit can find their way back, taken to a forrest and left there, so they get maulled by wolves and bears.
Woah!!!
Latvians were bloody savages!!!
No mercy(((

I work in health care and specifically around the dying. I'll just share what I've seen over 20 years. Seen many cultures, many family dynamics at time of death. This is anecdotal of course. These are just examples I've encountered many times. Highly religious people counter intuitively had the toughest time accepting and dealing with death and dying. Prominently it was Catholics (or more broadly Christians). The ones with bibles in their hands at all times, praying before and after everything, were actually the most fearful of death. Which has always been really weird to me, because I'd always assumed their faith gave them confidence they were going to a better place in a new life. But surprisingly time and time again, the idea of letting go was terrifying and excruciating for them. Rather than seeing them embrace it, there was palpable dread. I saw this whether it was north American Caucasians, Filipinos, or Africans.

The most accepting were often atheist European. Germans seemed especially pragmatic. Chinese, whether atheist or Buddhist, the most aggressively medical seeking, as a duty to their elders to try every heroic medical effort available. Indian, medically focused yet pragmatic. Usually graceful in their acceptance of circumstances. Jewish, pragmatic. Japanese pragmatic.

Filipino by far the most superstitious, followed by African. By this I mean they believed in miracles very strongly, the idea prayer and mind over matter, denial was prominent. They'd believe till the end someone can and will get better. I’ve never heard such wailing as with Italian, Portuguese, and Filipino families. It seems like it’s there cultural duty to cry as loudly as possible when the time comes. North American Indigenous were the most graceful in accepting death and dying by far. Equally stoic and at peace with what comes next yet heavily bereaved and mournful of the loss.

Again this is limited to my personal experience, and how these individuals dealt with death does not necessarily reflect on their people or their culture as a whole. I'm just noting a stereotype that I've seen over 2 decades. No offence intended.

Last edited:
Back