Which camp has played a more important role in GSP's success?

DeadtoMyself**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I recently saw a thread where Greg Jackson said he will soon prepare GSP to beat Anderson. He has also said something along the lines that GSP is part of the family at the gym. But I know that GSP does most of his training at Tristar. Something tells me that Greg is just trying to rub off some of GSPs success to himself. Kind of like he did with Jones and Rashad. I could be wrong. Can someone who is very knowledgable about the subject please leave a well though out response. Thanks you.

Last edited:

this is the correct answer.
he has unrivaled athleticism and on top of that hes probably the hardest working and most dedicated fighter in MMA

also, he doesnt really train at Jacksons. usually jackson flies up to montreal before his fights to work on gameplanning.

other than then odd occasion georges doesnt go to new mexico

No one is being a "smat" ass. GSP is the only correct answer.

Oh, wait, no no no. It was the bully in 4th grade that is really responsible. He made GSP into the hardworking beast he is today. Without his bullying, GSP would be nothing today!

Tri Star is WAAAY more responsible than Jackson.

GSP is more responsible than Tri Star.

Jackson is pathetic when it comes to this.

GSP is like the popular cheerleader in school and Jackson is that turd that tells everyone they're dating just because she came to a few of his parties.

He knows what I meant. In regards to his coaching. If GSP didn't have any coaches do you think he would be as successful?

as successful? no.
but he is naturally gifted and trains harder than anyone. he would still seek out the best individuals around the world in their discipline and learn from them.
i think even with out a great camp, he would still be champ

In chronological order:

- His bullies

- His Karate sensei when he was a teenager.

-Whoever showed GSP a copy of UFC 1+

- GSP himself.He used to drive to NYC and sleep in his car just to train BJJ before he joined the UFC.

I'd say his success has little to do with Jackson or Tristar.

Tri Star is WAAAY more responsible than Jackson.

GSP is more responsible than Tri Star.

Jackson is pathetic when it comes to this.

GSP is like the popular cheerleader in school and Jackson is that turd that tells everyone they're dating just because she came to a few of his parties.

Finally someone who understands my thread. Seems like you and I are the only people here with a brain.

None other than GSP, his coaching doesn't fight for him.

Some guy named GSP

In chronological order:

- His bullies

- His Karate sensei when he was a teenager.

-Whoever showed GSP a copy of UFC 1+

- GSP himself.He used to drive to NYC and sleep in his car just to train BJJ before he joined the UFC.

I'd say his success has little to do with Jackson or Tristar.
So if he was trained by your local average gym he would still be the best welterweight in history and p4p one of the best? You have to be shitting me. Every good fighter out there always thanks their coaches for their success.

Obviously

7566553.bin

He knows what I meant. In regards to his coaching. If GSP didn't have any coaches do you think he would be as successful?

And who chose to go to jacksons mma.... gsp.. i think your pessimistic argument is that gsp isnt the sole REASON for his success rather the
key to it all when put into the right place?? -dont mean to be rude, but i see no reason for thread other then pessimism.

Back