Which camp has played a more important role in GSP's success?

I recently saw a thread where Greg Jackson said he will soon prepare GSP to beat Anderson. He has also said something along the lines that GSP is part of the family at the gym. But I know that GSP does most of his training at Tristar. Who is responsible for his success? Tristar or Jackson's? Something tells me that Greg is just trying to rub off some of GSPs success to himself. Kind of like he did with Jones and Rashad. I could be wrong. Can someone who is very knowledgable about the subject please leave a well though out response. Thanks you.

His father! Father is a martial artist and helped develop his son into ho he I.

I blame his success on video games and violent movies ( Van Dam ). Plus Obama

And who chose to go to jacksons mma.... gsp.. i think your pessimistic argument is that gsp isnt the sole REASON for his success rather the
key to it all when put into the right place?? -dont mean to be rude, but i see no reason for thread other then pessimism.

I don't know how you assumed that I tought his coaches were the only reason for his success. Obviosly George's played most of the role here, but its his coaches that play a major role in his game playing/sparring/conditioning.

Who is responsible for GSP's success? Hmmmm.... that's a tough one. Gonna have to go with.... GSP :eek:

Tell me TS, who is responsible for the way your life is and the way you are?

Who is responsible for GSP's success? Hmmmm.... that's a tough one. Gonna have to go with.... GSP :eek:

Tell me TS, who is responsible for the way your life is and the way you are?

The people around me. Those that I grew up with pretty much made me the way I am. I owe it all to them. If I would have grown up in some hood, with gangsters in my family, I would probably be a gangster too. Something like Chael sonnen.

GSP has an open mind....he trains with many people...tristar and GSP bring in people they think can help him win...GSP travels all over the world to train...his collaboration with tristar is what makes him....the others are just a part of it!

GSP has an open mind....he trains with many people...tristar and GSP bring in people they think can help him win...GSP travels all over the world to train...his collaboration with tristar is what makes him....the others are just a part of it!

I seriously thank you for being one of the few who answered my question without any stupid retarded responses.

So if he was trained by your local average gym he would still be the best welterweight in history and p4p one of the best? You have to be shitting me. Every good fighter out there always thanks their coaches for their success.

Except, not every person coming out of Tristar is a world-beater. Same goes for Jackson's or AKA, or any of the top-level gyms.

I'm not saying they don't help, I'm just saying that the gym itself isn't the answer. A lot of what makes GSP great is GSP. His work ethic, his attention to detail, his desire to make sure that he seeks out the absolute best treatment for his injuries and takes the time to properly recover, and his natural physical gifts. You take any one of us and put us through the same training and we still wouldn't be as good as GSP.

I'd put money on a GSP that only trained in the small, local gyms over most of the average joes that train in the top camps.

Back