Which boxer would've made the best transition to MMA?

Kostya Tszyu at 145lbs.. hard hitter with awesome timing...

I remember crocop when he fought Wanderlei in a mixed rules bout,looked absolutley terrified when he was on the ground. Because he didnt know what to do,at all. He stuck it out and learned. Trained really really hard,i just think alot of kickboxers we saw decided not to dedicate themselves to that level,and more often than not i think thats the case. We saw a ton of k-1 guys have mma bouts but how many of them really BECAME mma fighters besides Hunt and Mirko? Its not that many,and itll prob be like that with boxers,even if the money wasnt a factor.
In the early days, guys like Ebenezer Braga, for instance.

With the females its different. Females can actually have a bigger public profile in MMA than they can have in boxing,and because WMMA as a whole is under developed once you get past the top fighters,these hardened world class life long fighters like Val and Joanna have a much different mentality than the women who just took some wrestling in high school. They have a huge advantage in the circuit and applied themselves to learning the grappling arts. Especially Val who actually uses her takedowns offensively,in a similar way that GSP incorporated it into his striking game. The incentinves overall are higher. They are all after that Rousey money
They will retire and never make what RR made doesn't matter what they do.

Pay has been quashed across the board as part of UFC's plan to try and get out of the enormous dividends they have to pay by the start of Q2 this year. Don't think they will make it. The money they get from ESPN is the same no matter what card they put out but all of the cash is spoken for already which is insane. So they have to rely on gate sales to try and get enough cash together. Pay is the first thing to drop with no end in sight.

If the UFC somehow manages to get out from under their toughest investors and buy them out it will give them a little breathing room. If not the combination of all those bills coming due combined with WME's need to service their debt will ensure the talent will at best get fucked the most on pay and at worst will be forced look for life elsewhere.

The fact that hed go to him speaks volumes. He REALLY wanted to be the best,and devoted himself to wanting to learn how to survive on the ground,and it actually worked,and he even got a few subs

We also saw Werdum strike like crocop in his first few pride fights hahah
Wow they were a different breed back in the day.

My pick is Roberto Duran. Iron chin, legendary power, forward pressure and aggressive body punching.

On a side note, I realised that Tommy Hearns fought most of his prime at 147, so making FW with IVs was definitely possible.

Holloway/Conor vs Hearns with TDD would've been amazing.
Hearns with tdd would kill Conor and Holloway. Fuck Conor got beat by Nate on the feet

David Haye - Explosive, athletic and fckin powerful. No one would take his power, and hes an ambush fighter so he won't be easy to take down because hes rarely in the pocket. He did start training a few years back as well so he has some skills as well. However to have made the cross over he would have needed to start his training in his 20's, and not close to retirement. that's the same for all boxers

Hearns with tdd would kill Conor and Holloway. Fuck Conor got beat by Nate on the feet

It would be legalised murder. max is too small anyway, but McGregor would be rendered unconscious within a round

david tua-dude hit soooo hard and doesnt fight with a conventional straight up and down stance.he was always crouched and ready to destroy.

Samart Payakaroon, former WBC champ in boxing and the GOAT in Muay Thai. Slick as hell footwork and evasions, and his vision & creativity was off the charts. Good luck trying to get a hold of him, and even if you do you still need to deal with his Muay Thai clinch work. The skill gap in striking between him and a top MMA fighter is at least as big as the one between Valentina and the rest of her division.

Last edited:
He won 5 rounds at most

overrall punch stats are not how a fight is scored

Also I think Floyd still landed more

I have watched that fight twice and I think if you are being kind Maidana would get a draw

Imo Floyd won 7-5

the only fight floyd lost was against Castillo who should of got the decision
Maidana landed the harder shots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back