Which boxer would've made the best transition to MMA?

None there is mouch more money in boxing.
The big names will never come in the octagon.

The relationship between boxing and mma is so one sided.
Everybody is begging for their red boxing glove night but boxers don't wanna come fight in the ufc.

Anyway I think even with mma gloves boxer would lose some fight so in a mma rule set it's a wrap

Lomachenko, GGG, or other eastern Europeans as many of them also did wrestling while growing up before focusing solely on boxing

Wilder - he has the heaviest hands in all combat sports and could easily make 205

Maidana

Was robbed in floyd fight which he landed the better shots but lost on scorecard.

MAY14.gif

Willie Pep. Dominic Cruz literally based his footwork on Pep. Pep does a lot of stance switching with a v-step, can move in any direction.

Roy Jones for his explosiveness.

Wilder is a better Ngannou.

None.
Its dumb to say "with TDD" when they didnt have it. It's just fantasy talk
Roy Jones and Lomachenko were the best answers so far.

I'd add the Klitschko brothers.

Everybody is begging for their red boxing glove night but boxers don't wanna come fight in the ufc.

Anyway I think even with mma gloves boxer would lose some fight so in a mma rule set it's a wrap
Theres more incentive for female boxers to do it.

I would pick George Forman. The HW's stand and bang more than wrestle and George could bang, and he was big enough to avoid takedowns. Tyson could bang, but he would be a small HW and could probably be taken down.

He's humble as hell and has a great sense of humour. His boxing style and his athletic attributes would make him a nightmare to deal with, with 4oz gloves. Imagine an even scarier version of Rumble.

Rickson by armbar

My pick is Roberto Duran. Iron chin, legendary power, forward pressure and aggressive body punching.

On a side note, I realised that Tommy Hearns fought most of his prime at 147, so making FW with IVs was definitely possible.

Holloway/Conor vs Hearns with TDD would've been amazing.
I saw Duran's entire pro career, from when he KO'd Ken Buchanan with a groin shot to the end. One of my favorite fighters ever! Very nasty!

Lomachenko or Golovkin. I think both have a wrestling background.

Maidana

Was robbed in floyd fight which he landed the better shots but lost on scorecard.

MAY14.gif

He won 5 rounds at most

overrall punch stats are not how a fight is scored

Also I think Floyd still landed more

I have watched that fight twice and I think if you are being kind Maidana would get a draw

Imo Floyd won 7-5

the only fight floyd lost was against Castillo who should of got the decision

Any top boxing ppv star fighting in the ufc would have the potential to be a top 10 ppv easily.The money would be right if boxings ppv stars crossed over to mma.now them wanting to is a whole different story

Modest guy

I doubt a 22 year old Tyson would say that
Fair enough.

He’d definitely be a fearsome fighter in any case, however, whether he’d develop a submission and grappling game I don’t know. Wouldn’t want to strike with him though.

lomachenko, kermit cintron, and bud crawford... all have a grappling background

Back