Which athlete from another sport would excel the best in MMA? (That is not combat sport related)

Which athlete from another sport would excel the best in MMA? (That is not combat sport related)

• Total voters
NBA players is the best answer. Most of them have A++ reach to height ratio. Some even bigger reach than Jon. Not to mention most are tall and lanky. They also have good cardio too.

I cant believe Im the only one going gymnastics.
Like first thing you are taught at a martial arts class is the importance to control your body. And who does it better than someone with gymnastics backround?
You dont have to be very good at it but in the end every other stuff is just meant to fill those holes that come from lack of body control

I'm going to say hockey.

Just because they can take heavy punishment and some of them know how to fight to a degree.

For Heavyweights? I think Shotput is a good one, I think full contact physical sports like Rugby and US Football are obvious includes as well just for whichever sport. I think Gymnastics can be great for strength, dexterity, explosivity and just all around command of body movement.

Baseball

The hand eye coordination really help me with early boxing

An A level stamp collector would need six months of training to become UFC champion.

Bowling. Imagine the uppercuts.

I have a friend who plays handball. And I can only state that they are tough guys. Think how much it must hurt for a handball goalkeeper to get the little hard ball right in the face.

A ball thrown in your face? I’ve had a football vollied into my face from this range. Just felt more embarrassed than in pain

A ball thrown in your face? I’ve had a football vollied into my face from this range. Just felt more embarrassed than in pain

Are you familiar with handball? There is a golden rule that when you have a penalty throw, you don't deliberately aim at the face and if you still do this, I can promise you that he will feel very ashamed afterwards. Some of these players in the top leagues and in the national team throw so hard that no one wants a handball in the face. Comparing a soccer ball to a handball is a ridiculous comparison as the soccer ball is much larger and has a bounce and softness that a handball lacks. A handball is small and hard and not something you bounce around like a type of basketball.

Handball goalkeepers are brave as handball is a fast back and forth sport and the goalkeeper works incredibly hard during a match. Compare that to a soccer goalie who can catch breaks.

LOL!

Are you familiar with handball? There is a golden rule that when you have a penalty throw, you don't deliberately aim at the face and if you still do this, I can promise you that he will feel very ashamed afterwards. Some of these players in the top leagues and in the national team throw so hard that no one wants a handball in the face. Comparing a soccer ball to a handball is a ridiculous comparison as the soccer ball is much larger and has a bounce and softness that a handball lacks. A handball is small and hard and not something you bounce around like a type of basketball.

Handball goalkeepers are brave as handball is a fast back and forth sport and the goalkeeper works incredibly hard during a match. Compare that to a soccer goalie who can catch breaks.

LOL!

This.

Handball and futsal balls are harder, denser and hurt like a muthafucker.

Back