Where has the stigma come from that Tony Ferguson gets rocked or dropped every fight?

Because we were on the same one. I would say check the spelling but we both know you did that.
Bottom line, you know Tony gets dropped more than panties at the Charlie Sheen Mansion right?

What?? I posted the 2 links man! Click on them, they are different sites!!

Exaggerating is a norm on sherdog you newb

Yep, i agree, and as much as i despise early stoppages, hed be my go to most predictable fighter suffering from it.

Some times fights end because of a knock down just looking embarrassing. Then ya come in here and hear assholes say "he was done."

..rookies.

Doesn't he typically get right back up. It seems like his knockdowns are more an issue with balance.

He gets hit and rolls with it most of the time so people think he's getting rocked. He's had a few where it has happened, but they are definitely few and far between.

He’s been dropped like 2 or 3 times in his last 12 fights. He ate a shot from Pettis and ate a head kick from a short notice opponent in Vannata. That’s really been about it. Think about some of his best wins and some of most skilled strikers he has faced during win streak. RDA, Cowboy, Barboza, Josh Thomson, Lee, Tibau, etc. All of those guys threw the kitchen sink at Tony and he walked through all of it. Never dropped. Never significantly rocked. So why do I always see on here that “Tony gets dropped and rocked every single fight?” What gives Shernerds??
ZUFFA

Tony arguably plays it up.

Rolling, flopping, even after getting hit is an attempt to transition from defense to offense.

Last edited:

Tony arguably plays it up.

Rolling, flopping, even after getting hit an attempt to transition from defense to offense.

Fucking awesome man. My unquestionable favourite fighter since Wanderlei/GSP.

Tony is always advancing, applying pressure and throwing awkward/unorthodox strikes. It does leave him open at times. He's going to get hit. He also flops and rolls like a soccer player when hit. Most of those strikes that hit him in those situations are grazing shots at best. He is not stood there flat footed taking full power shots to the melon.

He is also a bleeder. It appeases the JBG but is in no way indicative of actual damage dealt.

Must be a hell of a fighter to still win 12 in a row with 9 finishes...
Yes, Tony’s epic 12 fight winning streak with such legendary names like Mike Rio,Katsunori Kikuno,Abel Trujillo (didn’t Khab set a record number of TD’s on that guy, 21 I think. ) Then there are the losses and should have been losses; Michael Johnson (Khabib damn near killed him), Danny Castillo (who rode Tony like a pony for 12 minutes and won on one Judges score card and should have won the fight), Lando Vannatta (dropped Tony so many times in round one it should have a arrest record attached to it for a mugging but seeing Vannatta is ranked somewhere around number 50 Tony was given time to launch a come back.) He beat RDA and Tibau and Barboza that Khabib did as well and all you are left with is Lee who lost to Al Twice, Cowboy who’s only recent win was Al and Pettis who also lost to Holloway ( a FW?)
I have seen more impressive runs by little kids after a ice cream truck. Haha

He does get a lot but he doesn't stop coming after getting hit. If anything he steps on the pedal.

Yes, Tony’s epic 12 fight winning streak with such legendary names like Mike Rio,Katsunori Kikuno,Abel Trujillo (didn’t Khab set a record number of TD’s on that guy, 21 I think. ) Then there are the losses and should have been losses; Michael Johnson (Khabib damn near killed him), Danny Castillo (who rode Tony like a pony for 12 minutes and won on one Judges score card and should have won the fight), Lando Vannatta (dropped Tony so many times in round one it should have a arrest record attached to it for a mugging but seeing Vannatta is ranked somewhere around number 50 Tony was given time to launch a come back.) He beat RDA and Tibau and Barboza that Khabib did as well and all you are left with is Lee who lost to Al Twice, Cowboy who’s only recent win was Al and Pettis who also lost to Holloway ( a FW?)
I have seen more impressive runs by little kids after a ice cream truck. Haha

All that typing by you, and Tony still has that win streak LOL.

Khabib got a lot of TD's vs Trujillo yep. Tony finished him. And finished Barboza like Khabib didn't. And Tibau.

I'm not here to shit on Khabib because he's great too but if you think winning 12 in a row with 9 finishes isn't impressive, you're just lying to yourself.

Also, sometimes it's just personal preference. You enjoy watching Khabib dominate, which is fine. His style is safer, and he finishes about half his fights. I like Tony as his style is more exciting to me and while he puts himself in more danger, he finishes more like 75% of his fights. Neither of us are right or wrong.

You know you're not gonna get to me by trying to sell that you think Tony isn't great, right? We're past that, brother. I know you appreciate how good he is even if you think Khabib will dominate him. We established it previously, or did you think I forgot ha ha?

All that typing by you, and Tony still has that win streak LOL.

Khabib got a lot of TD's vs Trujillo yep. Tony finished him. And finished Barboza like Khabib didn't. And Tibau.

I'm not here to shit on Khabib because he's great too but if you think winning 12 in a row with 9 finishes isn't impressive, you're just lying to yourself.

Also, sometimes it's just personal preference. You enjoy watching Khabib dominate, which is fine. His style is safer, and he finishes about half his fights. I like Tony as his style is more exciting to me and while he puts himself in more danger, he finishes more like 75% of his fights. Neither of us are right or wrong.

You know you're not gonna get to me by trying to sell that you think Tony isn't great, right? We're past that, brother. I know you appreciate how good he is even if you think Khabib will dominate him. We established it previously, or did you think I forgot ha ha?
Nah, I was just having fun with some of the more worthless names on Tony’s streak .

Bring out the gifs!!!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

3No3r.gif

3No46.gif

jv4s9jtokoqz.gif

This.

No wonder the guy already has brain damage.

There are some for sure. Khabib has some too though.
Yeah, but nobody brags about Khabib’s winning streak (28) because nobody has even come close to winning and he has taken all of the best except Tony and he has signed up for that fight 5 times so it isn’t like he is worried about it.
Speaking of streaks, both Tony and Conor have won 18 out of their last 20 with Conor losing to bigger names.....MUCH bigger names. Haha

Yeah, but nobody brags about Khabib’s winning streak (28) because nobody has even come close to winning and he has taken all of the best except Tony and he has signed up for that fight 5 times so it isn’t like he is worried about it.
Speaking of streaks, both Tony and Conor have won 18 out of their last 20 with Conor losing to bigger names.....MUCH bigger names. Haha

Sure but Conor's streak isn't current. He's lost twice in his last 4 fights. Nobody will be talking about Tony's streak if he drops 2 of his next 4 either. That's kinda how it goes.

Back