Where has the stigma come from that Tony Ferguson gets rocked or dropped every fight?

TripTictonic

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He’s been dropped like 2 or 3 times in his last 12 fights. He ate a shot from Pettis and ate a head kick from a short notice opponent in Vannata. That’s really been about it. Think about some of his best wins and some of most skilled strikers he has faced during win streak. RDA, Cowboy, Barboza, Josh Thomson, Lee, Tibau, etc. All of those guys threw the kitchen sink at Tony and he walked through all of it. Never dropped. Never significantly rocked. So why do I always see on here that “Tony gets dropped and rocked every single fight?” What gives Shernerds??

He gets tagged quite a bit at the start of every fight. He gets hit pretty hard but he's got a crazy chin and even crazier recovery habits

I believe Lee also dropped him. Just not a good look getting dropped that often in your last five fights. Especially at LW.

I believe Lee also dropped him. Just not a good look getting dropped that often in your last five fights. Especially at LW.

That was a balance shot while Tony was throwing a naked kick. He wasn't hurt at all, it was a slip as much as anything. He barely hit the mat and popped right up. He then basically returned the favor and did the same thing right back to Lee (Lee wasn't hurt either, again more a balance shot).

I've been saying this for a long time and now TS started a thread. People have taken 2 fights and made it out like that's ever fight Tony is in. It's dumb, but that's kinda how it goes here.

People exaggerate how much he gets dropped but he does get hit a lot.

Tony breaks people’s will with his cardio and uncanny ability to block punches with his face

WAR T-Ferg!!

That was a balance shot while Tony was throwing a naked kick. He wasn't hurt at all, it was a slip as much as anything. He barely hit the mat and popped right up. He then basically returned the favor and did the same thing right back to Lee (Lee wasn't hurt either, again more a balance shot).

I've been saying this for a long time and now TS started a thread. People have taken 2 fights and made it out like that's ever fight Tony is in. It's dumb, but that's kinda how it goes here.

Definitely a balance shot, and even though it landed flush Tony wasn't planted or moving forward, so he recovered quickly.

Ferguson gets hit a lot because his style is to be continually in your face, throwing punches and kicks to pressure and overwhelm you. The amount of damage that his opponents wear on their faces says it all. The downside of doing this is that he eats more shots than those with different styles. For that reason a Conor vs Ferguson fight would be very interesting. Plenty of opportunities for Conor to get a KO in the first round. Thereafter Tony runs over him.

Bring out the gifs!!!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

3No3r.gif

3No46.gif

jv4s9jtokoqz.gif

desperate fangirls of kabeeb looking for anything to give them hope

He rolls extremely well with punches. It often looks like he gets tagged but actually isnt.
People who claim that Tony has no chin, need to watch the Barboza fight. Barboza hit him with some nasty shots, so powerful that Tony got pushed back, but he was never really hurt. To the point where it looks like even Barboza doesnt understand how Tony is still marching forward.
People see him get dropped by Pettis (where he actually even managede to cut Pettis badly) and Lando and assume hes easy to drop.
The Lee fight is more like a balance shift than him being rocked.

he certainly rolls well from the force of shots. nice gifs.

desperate fangirls of kabeeb looking for anything to give them hope
I mean Khabib fans (including myself) shouldn't be looking at Tony being dropped for hope.. frankly, Khabib needs to do what he can to avoid the standup.

It's Ferguson's clear struggles with Lee and Castillo's wrestling is where the hope really is..
:D

El Cucuy is like a Hurricane...when it gets close everyone even the doubters are holding their breath not knowing what will happen and then the further it goes away the more people forget how dangerous it was

Lee would have won that fight if it was Tri Star Kevin Lee 2.0

Dude had Tony in full mount throwing bombs

Definitely a balance shot, and even though it landed flush Tony wasn't planted or moving forward, so he recovered quickly.

There is no one on Sherdog that would not get dropped by that flush shot from Lee, Tony did as well.

Dropped is the exaggeration you should come to expect from fans, but he does get tagged and stunned a decent amount. He's very hittable in the early going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back