Where Does the Republican Party Go From Here?

Nowhere. Trump will continue to hold rallies, and be the unofficial leader of the party until he runs again in 2024.

It's kind of an interesting scenario, as Trump will still be pulling some strings despite not being in government. He ain't goin' anywhere. He got 70,000,000 votes, and has half the country devoted to him. Dems better be careful, and not rock the boat too much. After four years, they best have a good economy and a general satisfactory approval rating, or else Donnie boy will go back in and sweep the nation back up.

Well, if he doesn't die or get dementia that is. He is pretty old.

I kind of doubt. Everyone that voted for biden did it out of hatred for trump. If he ran again, every single hater would vote against him again.

Maybe don jr could get it done. Hes a better talker, much better at making an argument, and he'd still pull all the trump Coalition votes without as much hate.

I kind of doubt. Everyone that voted for biden did it out of hatred for trump. If he ran again, every single hater would vote against him again.

Depends on the job Biden does. They're all dancing in the streets now, but the future is uncertain. That's why I'm saying they need to be careful. They didn't get their landslide. It's still a very divided country, and if at the end of Biden's turn people aren't happy, it won't take much for them to turn the other way again.

Watch the fun when they do to creepy joe what the Democrats did to Trump and raise the bar even.

According to some prominent figures on the right... get more racist?

Cassandra Fairbanks (born March 11, 1985) is an American journalist and activist. As a journalist, she has worked for the Russian state-funded international news agency Sputnik

LOL. Their prominent voices are sponsored by the Kremlin.

The republican party is absolutely fucked long term unless they ditch these loser and and move to the centre ASAP. They are the party of Trumpism now though so it seems unlikely, many of their young members are complete nutters like this bitch thanks to being raised on a diet of fox news and 4chan.

Depends on the job Biden does. They're all dancing in the streets now, but the future is uncertain. That's why I'm saying they need to be careful. They didn't get their landslide. It's still a very divided country, and if at the end of Biden's turn people aren't happy, it won't take much for them to turn the other way again.

I agree with everything you're saying but I don't see trump as the face of it again. Maybe behind the scenes or doing rallies for others.

Honestly id like to see trump lay waste to fox news. They chose their resident liberal weasel Wallace to do a hit job on trump in the first debate...all the conservatives on that network and they chose wallace.

That was the first debate with 80 million viewers of all affiliations. That was the one opportunity to vet biden and they chose not to. He has a 50 year record of poor decisions and 1/2 the people who voted for him know nothing about it.

He should start his own network and take all his loyal constituents with him and vocally campaign against fox and cripple them. It should be the new genuine conservative network

Nowhere. Trump will continue to hold rallies, and be the unofficial leader of the party until he runs again in 2024.

It's kind of an interesting scenario, as Trump will still be pulling some strings despite not being in government. He ain't goin' anywhere. He got 70,000,000 votes, and has half the country devoted to him. Dems better be careful, and not rock the boat too much. After four years, they best have a good economy and a general satisfactory approval rating, or else Donnie boy will go back in and sweep the nation back up.

Well, if he doesn't die or get dementia that is. He is pretty old.
Or gets charged and sued.

After seeing the monopoly that the Dems have on the media and big tech, we will probably never see a R president again. They can censor what news they want and lie about what they want.

Not like it matters The corporate Dems of today are just as corrupt as the Corporate Republicans of old. Same people, different mask.

Or gets charged and sued.

I wouldn't bet on it. A lot of it was noise propagated by the media, and America ain't in the business of prosecuting ex-Presidents. They all have dirty laundry. I doubt that precedent will be set.

I agree with everything you're saying but I don't see trump as the face of it again. Maybe behind the scenes or doing rallies for others.

It depends on how he ages, really. If he's still the same old Trump in four years, he'll be there.

After a lot of crying and pouting they will go back to making memes its the only thing they are good at

GOP is still strong. They picked up seats in the house and kept the senate. Supreme court is 6/3 conservative too. The left will lose more house seats in the next mid term too.

There will be a lot of disappointed young progressives in 4 years when the left has delivered nothing they claimed they would.

i'm inclined to not trust your judgement given your predictions regarding how America would vote this time around ---

Maybe come down a bit from whatever you're smoking? see some daylight?

Joe the plumber and the teaparty will make a special appearance.

Honestly, it depends on the base. if the primary does the sane thing (Nikki Haley, Fiorina, etc) they’re fine. There is absolutely room for a Cuban rising star.

If they don’t, and they fail to be a diverse party, they’re done. And good riddance.

i'm inclined to not trust your judgement given your predictions regarding how America would vote this time around ---

Maybe come down a bit from whatever you're smoking? see some daylight?
I didn't make a prediction on the election. I said it would be close and I wasn't sure who would win and can't really see what your response has to do with the post you quoted.

GOP is still strong. They picked up seats in the house and kept the senate. Supreme court is 6/3 conservative too. The left will lose more house seats in the next mid term too.

There will be a lot of disappointed young progressives in 4 years when the left has delivered nothing they claimed they would.
The question tough: is the GOP strong without Trump?

Listen, as much as I dislike the guy, I can admit that he was something of a political messaging genius... he brought MILLIONS of people into the political system who were non-participants before him. And those people voted straight ticket Republican.

Now that Trump is gone and the GOP doesn't sound like him anymore, do these people stay engaged? Do they show up when Romney or Kaisich or Nikki Haley is on the top of the ticket?

The question tough: is the GOP strong without Trump?

Listen, as much as I dislike the guy, I can admit that he was something of a political messaging genius... he brought MILLIONS of people into the political system who were non-participants before him. And those peop voted straight ticket Republican.

The question is, now that Trump is gone and the GOP doesn't sound like him anymore, do these people stay engaged? Do they show up when Romney or Kaisich or Nikki Haley is on the top of the ticket?
Seems like it as they gained everywhere else while losing the white house.

Back