Where does that performance rank?

Where the fuck did this guy come from?? He just dominated one of the pound for pound best fighters on the planet and finished it off with a knockout. That is absolutely incredible.....

First thing that came to mind was GSP/Hughes II. Just how GSP was SO dominate - stuffing takedowns, killing him on the feet, etc.

You could say that GSP/Hughes wasn't as surprising as the TJ/Barao though.

Definitely one of the best. That's so dominant against a great fighter.

Probably one of the best title fights of all time! TJ was masterful inside the octagon tonight.

It wasn't the absolute destruction that Jones Shogun was, but Jones wasn't a big underdog either from what I remember. Five rounds of pure domination, including a first round scare, followed by a fifth round finish, it was perfect. No way that Dillashaw could have looked better IMO.

A complete and utter domination by a HUGE underdog. Unreal.

I put this in the discussion of top perfomances for certain, considering all of the circumstances (belt, streak, p4p, total domination).

he was such an underdog, it made the performance that much better.

It reminded me of Roy Jones Jr with the movement and angles produced by it. That style he used was tailored to his abilities and less the result of a traditional discipline. Fascinating spectacle, and TJ should be proud.

Back