Where does that performance rank?

That was up there with Jones/Shogun. Just painful to watch at some point.

Perhaps the best performance EVER by an mma fighter. One of the biggest underdogs, not only did he win the fight he won every single round by domination.

It ranks as the greatest performance Joe Rogan has ever seen in his life.

Apparently it ranked as high as Tyson vs Douglas from what Joe Rogan said lol.

Continued to shock me with every minute the fight went on

It was arguably one of the greatest performance ever by an underdog.

Very high. This wasn't an underdog landing a single strike or sub, this was an underdog dominating for over 20 mins and getting a finish.

Every fight TJ impresses more.

Don't know if he can top this.

Him beating Assuncao in a rematch would top this.

i'll agree that it was ONE OF THE VERY BEST PERFORMANCES IN MMA HISTORY!

he looked great... tuned barao up for 5 rounds and scored a violent finish. it was very much like serra/gsp, but there is no room for debate about it being a fluke because it was a 5-round beating

top 10 for underdogs in championship fights. Before tonight maybe fucking 1% of mma fans would think TJ could outstrike Barao.

That was absolutely beautiful. Technical aggressive picture perfect. Top level striking display , best I've seen in quite a while.

It ranks pretty darn high, especially considering how almost no one gave him a serious chance. It's always nice to see a REAL upset like this

That was the greatest performance I've seen from a major underdog in MMA, without question. Barao is a BAMF and TJ completely tooled him in every aspect of the fight.

To totally dominate the dominant champion for 4.5 rounds then emphasize that domination with a clean clear finish, can't even remember a time. That beats Jones/Shogun, Cain/JDS 2, GSP/Serra 2, and was like an extended Cruz/Bowles without the champ giving up after 2 rounds like Bowles did, or an extended GSP/Hughes 2. Can't remember anything like this in the UFC or WEC off the top of my head.

That was up there with Jones/Shogun. Just painful to watch at some point.

Performance wise absolutely, but I thought he had nothing for Barao, nothing. And he beat the shit out of him as a huge underdog. Clear cut as well, few will give Barao no more than 1 round and think they are crazy for doing that. This felt very similar to Gus/Jones in that one fighter was prepared and the other thought it would be a cake walk, its just Jones was able to eek out the win (not in my book, Gus 4-1).

That beats Weidmans domination over Silva. That was the craziest thing I have ever seen. Silva and Barao are my two fav fighters in the world aswell

Definitely one of TJ's best performances in his career.

Back