Where do people catch the most fish

TJ Dillashank

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Recently I have been wanting to get into fishing but I have no were to fish.. I tried to fish at a river but couldn't catch anything. I was thinking of going to the beach and trying my luck there. I know friends like fishing at lakes but I don't live near one that I know of! Well bros a ny tips...

Open Netflix and type fishing into the search bar.

I live on a man made lake and they stopped stocking that shit over 5 years ago so fishing can lick my nuts. Used to pull a few trophy bass every year but now nothing for years.

Recently I have been wanting to get into fishing but I have no were to fish.. I tried to fish at a river but couldn't catch anything. I was thinking of going to the beach and trying my luck there. I know friends like fishing at lakes but I don't live near one that I know of! Well bros a ny tips...
If this is legit about fishing.

Ocean is in my experience the best. Find rock platforms and structure. If you can get a boat/friend with a boat off shore reefs really turn it on. I spear fish a fuck load and have plenty of tips if you have ever been interested in it.

I got a pond where me and daughter catch crucian carps for the cats, when I'm in the mood for some lazy parenting,lol.

They're also a good bait.

But yeah, fish are everywhere just got to be patient.

Last edited:
Ocean is GOAT. Shrimp/Squid/Mullet as bait on a little hook (Big Hook for Mullet as bait for Drums). Weed and Beer on an overcast not overly hot day, nothing better.

I mean specifics are so important. Where do you live?

Freshwater is going to be the easiest since you don't have to worry about tides and the fish don't move as much.

If you just want to see some fish, buy a 6 or 7 ft cast net and learn to use it. Throw it in that there body of water and see what ya pull up.

Oceans, lakes, rivers, creeks, everywhere and anywhere there is water, it can all be good or frustratingly bad.....

Your best bet since you have 0 experience is book a guide, a charter or find a buddy who does it (and actually catches) and go out with 0 expectations....

Go to a tackle store abs talk to them.

Since you're just starting fishing I would recommend fishing for panfish (bluegill, crappie, and sunfish). They're small but tend to be easy to catch and make it fun for you. Go to a lake or small river and fish near a dock, submerged tree/stumps, or other cover in the water. Use a small hook with a red worm, sinker and bobber. Don't do the artificial baits right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back