Where do people catch the most fish

Recently I have been wanting to get into fishing but I have no were to fish.. I tried to fish at a river but couldn't catch anything. I was thinking of going to the beach and trying my luck there. I know friends like fishing at lakes but I don't live near one that I know of! Well bros a ny tips...

In a van down by the river!

Use live bait, after you catch one, scrape out the eyeball and use it for bait. Thank me later.

Read about fishing, duh. The internet is full of stuff. Buy a book or two. That is what I did years ago when I wanted to become a better fisherman. It helped, but I still was never great. You can learn about the importance of things like time of year, temperature, location, structure, bait, rigs, etc. Some books will even give you locations (I bought a book at Walmart two decades ago, and it actually gave quite a few decent fishing locations in my area. Someone mentioned local fishing forums. Those also have useful info. I have met people out fishing who taught me stuff and even invited me to fish in boats and better locations, etc. I would tend to be more careful nowadays, though. Mot of all, keep fishing. Experience is a great teacher, after you have the fundamentals down, anyway.

If this is legit about fishing.

Ocean is in my experience the best. Find rock platforms and structure. If you can get a boat/friend with a boat off shore reefs really turn it on. I spear fish a fuck load and have plenty of tips if you have ever been interested in it.
Spearing has always sounded pretty coll IDK where I would get something like that though

You need to use a gill net.

(I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about. Everyone on Alone uses them. They never seem to catch anything.)

Since you're just starting fishing I would recommend fishing for panfish (bluegill, crappie, and sunfish). They're small but tend to be easy to catch and make it fun for you. Go to a lake or small river and fish near a dock, submerged tree/stumps, or other cover in the water. Use a small hook with a red worm, sinker and bobber. Don't do the artificial baits right now.

wouldn't that depend on where TS lives?
To my knowledge he has not provided any info.
Which imo is pretty crucial.

Spearing has always sounded pretty coll IDK where I would get something like that though
I have been doing it for 20 years, absolutely love it. Great fitness and always have a supply of fresh fish plus you just see some really cool shit!

A lot of people are scared of sharks, but seriously in 20 years I have been in a sketchy situation with sharks 3 times and honestly it wasnt even that bad.

7b7d8a25-5bed-41b2-ab2b-204f2a09eca2_text.gif

I heard they like to be in the water. Hope that helps.

TS check your messages.

Also fishing a river is going to be different from fishing the ocean, and even there Shore/surf fishing will be different than the various ways you can fish from a boat.

On a river, I’d go with the lightest tackle you can get away with for the species you are likely to find. If you are using lures, get something that looks kind of like what the fish in the area like to eat. Could be any color but generally I go with this rule, make sure the lure has some red on it (you can add it with a sharpie), similar-ish color to the prey in the area and when the water is dark go dark, when the water is light go lighter.

Try to find areas where the water pools or “changes”. Just after a small fall or a bend where it slows a bit, areas with deeper pockets, behind brush piles, by structure, riffles, stuff like that.

These are really general tips but they work on rivers.

Good luck!

I like Panther Martin for inline spinners, they work everywhere but will snag if you aren’t careful and I like Rebel Lures for crankbaits. But that’s just me.

I have been doing it for 20 years, absolutely love it. Great fitness and always have a supply of fresh fish plus you just see some really cool shit!

A lot of people are scared of sharks, but seriously in 20 years I have been in a sketchy situation with sharks 3 times and honestly it wasnt even that bad.
I love sharks on beaches they swim past people most of the time and no one notices plus it's only like 4 deaths a year too

Back