When your favorite fighter got their #1 status taken away

Same. I was so excited for the reign of page. His wins over the team quest boys lindland and hendo had me confident about his wrestling abilities and his path to the belt made it appear like he was set for a number of defenses. Then the Forrest fight happened, and I don’t think page ever returned to where he was prior to that match. It’s also one of the very few title fights where the challenger straight up took the belt on the back of a point fighting performance. Back then I was a supporter of the notion that you need to DETHRONE a champ and TAKE the belt. More than likely just sour grapes from me.
I still score it 48-47 Rampage but I'm heavily biased

BJ Penn losing to Frankie for the first time. I was like "BJ is going to destroy him in the rematch...

The rest is history..

giphy.gif

:(
And you just KNOW that fat fuck, every time he gets drunk brings it up for the rest of his life. “Yeah and I fuckin one punch koed this ufc champion one time no fuckin joke one punch”

mine was GSP, so never had that problem.

When Gus lost to Rumble. Tears.
Then faith again in the lead up to the fight with DC. Then tears again.
Then a sense of resurrection when he destroyed Glover. The rest is history.

Gained a lot of respect for Stipe when he flatlined Werdum. I wasn’t upset because I thought Werdum beating Cain was a miracle anyways.

Maia wasn’t #1 but seeing him get KO’d by Gilbert Burns sucked at first but then I realized how badass Burns is. He will be my new favorite once Maia retires.

Pettis taking on and then losing to Guida comes to mind.

Clearly the #1 LW of that moment, not Bendo. But then got grapple-fucked.

It was fun to watch him work his way back up to the UFC belt.

For me it was when Rampage lost to Bader. Nearly gave up on MMA altogether tbh

GSP is still the GOAT and went out as the lineal MW champion so...

I was pretty annoyed with how poorly Esparza performed against Jedrzejczyk...

I honestly think she just had a bad night, but the beating she took was so one-sided that nobody would have cared to see a rematch.

Gonzaga decapitating Cro Cop was pure grief. He wasn't number 1, but still.

Obviously Silva losing to The Chris was devastating.

Belfort losing to Randy the first time was pretty rough. Nobody saw that shit coming.

Last edited:
Everyone loses if they fight long enough and don't try to play it safe or cheat.

<Fedor23>

And you just KNOW that fat fuck, every time he gets drunk brings it up for the rest of his life. “Yeah and I fuckin one punch koed this ufc champion one time no fuckin joke one punch”
Got the video favorited on his phone and shows everyone. Lol. I would probably do the same.

Gonzaga decapitating Cro Cop was pure grief. He wasn't number 1, but still.

Obviously Silva losing to The Chris was devastating.

Belford losing to Randy the first time was pretty rough. Nobody saw that shit coming.

I was spoiled by the results before watching Crocop vs Gonzaga because it was on tape delay if I remember correctly....and I was still absolutely floored by that KO knowing it would happen

I was pissed for months when Cain lost to Werdum, and was livid when nothing happened to Jones when he pissed hot after kicking DC in the head with a turinabol motored leg

When Gus lost to Rumble. Tears.
Then faith again in the lead up to the fight with DC. Then tears again.
Then a sense of resurrection when he destroyed Glover. The rest is history.
gus was the great white hope <Lmaoo>

anytime Rumble or Gus lose, I am saddened, both lost to DC , and gus seemingly cannot improve his ground game :(

I was pretty sad when Fedor dominated Nogueira (the first time).

Last two times gsp lost his number one status, he retired as champ.
The first time was rough. But he got over it.

Back