When You Try And Go Alpha But The Other Guy Is More Alpha

Saying you'll finish an opponent within 2 minutes, then saying you meant the second round is so alpha.

Oh noes, he took 7 minutes to finish an opponent. How will he ever live that down?!

To all the people saying Alpha behaviour isn't real and bla bla
It is, but you have to have the mental fortitude to get over your need to be Alpha to be truly successful which is why humans (who are only marginally smarter than chimps) have done so well, we are the only ones (well, some of us) that can get over our instincts and act rationally (again, some of us)

FIGHTPLAY_ufc-500x332.jpg

ufc118_gabe_ruediger_weight_cut-27_medium.jpg

tumblr_mbaifjxRGr1ry1rm7o2_250.gif

tumblr_mbaifjxRGr1ry1rm7o3_250.gif

iw0p6h.jpg

so muc:)

Unless you speak portuguese then you don't actually know what Aldo said. Things get lost in translation.

He also backpedaled hard: "when I said two minutes I meant two rounds". Lol. That's indefensible as far as I'm concerned.
This lol.

If you can't tell that Conor was joking when he said that, then I can only imagine how awkward you are IRL lol

He's Dan Hardy 2.0 good smack talker, arguably charismatic or annoying depending on your opinion,good striking, decent jitz, no wrestling. I have no doubt that Aldo trounces him easily. after that, he'll get besmirched by Frankie, or Mendes. will bump this thread when my predictions are found to be true.

He's Dan Hardy 2.0 good smack talker, arguably charismatic or annoying depending on your opinion,good striking, decent jitz, no wrestling. I have no doubt that Aldo trounces him easily. after that, he'll get besmirched by Frankie, or Mendes. will bump this thread when my predictions are found to be true.
You do that ok

I like Connor, I like his style, his skills, his athleticism and his silly trash talk

But when he jumped over the cage and tried to act crazyman psycho and get in Aldo's face

Jose had his hands down, didnt flinch, and looked about as threatened by Connor's act as he is by the guy handing him a burger at McDonalds

I think he would be more threatened by a guy handing him a burger from MacDonald's as it could jeopardize his weight cut and he does cut alot if weight .

I think Aldo handled McGregor faux-charging up on him perfectly. These two have opposing personalities, which makes this matchup great: McG = fiery versus Aldo = ice.

Also, whether it was due to superstition or not, I think Aldo not entering the cage to face-off after the fight was a type of 'putting McG on ice', again msking sense with the way Aldo thinks.

Very much looking to this matchup.

There's no such thing as alpha, once you get to 22/23 and bills start arriving in your door, you'll realise that your brain cancels out silly notions like that.

Yeah, whatever you say beta

Don't worry. It will be bumped for the crow when you're wrong.

Anybody who believes that the McG was anything other than ridiculous might be still in High School on their minds. He walked to Aldo and was faking being held by security. Thats ridiculous. Nobody was stoping him to get to Aldo. So from my point of view that was just sad. To hug a guy and fake that you're beind held..... just sad.

But why did McGregor hug that security guy?

He obviously knew if he got his hands on Aldo, he would put him in a coma, and lose his title shot....is what I assume McGregor fans are telling themselves. I'm sorry, but that was embarrassing to see.

I wonder how many F Bombs Dana dropped on DC for pointing it out, post-fight. As well, I wonder if that security guard will end up wearing a pair of cement boots for not being prepared to get in front of McGregor in time.

it doesnt even matter if aldo was afraid or not,this is big business. It all goes into the highlight vid for the fight. money money money. If you didnt even watch this fight,and you see that in the hype vid,as a casual fan your like whoa,i gotta see this one.

IMO it looked like he was balancing himself before he stepped down into the crowd

None of this matters at all, as the fight is 4-5 months away.

On paper you have a 28 year old in his prime champion on a eighteen fight win streak since 2005, having defended a title ten times, against a very good fighter, but all the same a fighter who is getting a title shot, as all the guys ranked above him have already been beaten by the champ. McGregor is an exciting prospect, but no more then a prospect at this point.

If McGregor had beaten Edgar, Swanson, Mendes or the Zombie & Lamas, then he would have a lot more legitimacy, but honestly Siver and Poirer - its not a very compelling rise to title challenge.

Back