When You Try And Go Alpha But The Other Guy Is More Alpha

None of this matters at all, as the fight is 4-5 months away.

On paper you have a 28 year old in his prime champion on a eighteen fight win streak since 2005, having defended a title ten times, against a very good fighter, but all the same a fighter who is getting a title shot, as all the guys ranked above him have already been beaten by the champ. McGregor is an exciting prospect, but no more then a prospect at this point.

If McGregor had beaten Edgar, Swanson, Mendes or the Zombie & Lamas, then he would have a lot more legitimacy, but honestly Siver and Poirer - its not a very compelling rise to title challenge.

Agree with this. I will gladly give him all the credit in the world if he beats Aldo. I don't pretend he is all hype, but at the same time, he needs to beat title contenders/champ to prove himself worthy of his self and fan-based hype.

Aldo was shook. Look at his face immediately after.

The GOAT is coming for that belt.

5X52Ktv.gif

lol

if there was such moment then it is Diaz vs GSP when he found out that all his taunting was worth nothing really.

McGregor is such a gobshite. Its a shame because he does have some excellent stand up and footwork, plus he's powerful when he's punching pads. lol.

Aldo will trounce him.

Lots of comments on this thread are spot on. McGregor hasn't qualified himself for the shot through fights, just through his talk and his countries patriotism. The Irish are in for a shock when McJoker squares off to Aldo for real, but those Irish punds will be feathering Dana's pocket none the less.

I think McGregor has huge talent, but not enough to beat Aldo. Or Frankie. Or Chad. Or or or or or....but he is talented.

Don't worry. It will be bumped for the crow when you're wrong.

I didn't drink the Dan Hardy Kool aide and I'm not drinking the Conor Kool aide. simply put unless you have excellent striking and an elite guard (see Aldo, A silva ,Shogun) which imo Conor does not posses. without wrestling your chances at winning an keeping a title are very very low.

'When You Try And Go Alpha But The Other Guy Is More Alpha'

the only option in that situation is to start flinging your poop at them.

5X52Ktv.gif

How could he not laugh at this

Hold me back, hold me back!!!

McGregor to security: "Hold me back, bro, you better hold me back! ... no really, hold me back please."

I like Connor, I like his style, his skills, his athleticism and his silly trash talk

But when he jumped over the cage and tried to act crazyman psycho and get in Aldo's face

Jose had his hands down, didnt flinch, and looked about as threatened by Connor's act as he is by the guy handing him a burger at McDonalds

U really think onor was gonna hit aldo outside the ring after a fight? lol

its a business, theres rules ffs.

I like Connor, I like his style, his skills, his athleticism and his silly trash talk

But when he jumped over the cage and tried to act crazyman psycho and get in Aldo's face

Jose had his hands down, didnt flinch, and looked about as threatened by Connor's act as he is by the guy handing him a burger at McDonalds

Siver didn't flinch either at the staredown.

We just saw what that did for him.

This was one of my favorite mma moments of all time, these gif's dont even do that beating justice

That was a savage beating. I remember the post fight press conference someone asked "Question for Joe, did Gabe Ruediger owe you money"

lol

Aldo looked shook. You can see that was a very nervous laughter. Also Aldo refused to go inside the octagon citing some bullshit excuse. Dude is scared and Conor already got to him.

The way Connor held the security guy I thought he was celebrating with a friend or something.

Lmao keyboard psychologists.

Aldo has fought and beaten much more dangerous opponents than McGregor after growing up in the comically horrible Brazilian favelas. I doubt that man has any fear in him at this stage of his life.

Back