when you knew but refused to admit

Shields vs Lombard for me. I just hoped that Lombard would gas out and Shields would tool him just like he did with Hendo.

I'm still trying to tell myself that Shields would've won a 5 rounder by submission :icon_twis

GSP-Hendricks... Hendricks was just an awful match-up for GSP. Equal wrestling and unspeakable power in his hands.

By the unified scoring system, it was insanely close, but GSP took a fuckin' beating.

Mir vs. Lesnar II. I knew Mir won the first one by smartly taking advantage of a mistake that Lesnar would probably not repeat.

BJ vs GSP II and BJ vs Rory.

I've been on all three hype trains since they started (though I'm not as big of a fan of GSP's fans).

GSP II GSP said it best himself, something like "BJ looked fat at the weigh ins, I'm feeling confident" or something like that.

Same thing against Rory. Yeah Penn looked in shape for your average person but he weighed in at like 168 with his jeans on, and never cuts weight at 170.

Kinda the same with Diaz.

Call me crazy but I think there's a common misconception about BJ's size. I think BJ along with Frankie could both cut to BW theoretically if they had the resolve and rearing from the right coaches. Too lazy to find his vids, but he weighed in at I believe 163-4 lb precut against Frankie and still kinda had love handles/barely any abs (as always). His reported height is 5'9" but from people who met him, they say he's more like 5'8". If Barao walks into the cage at 160, and afterwards fattened up to BJ's BF% at LW, he might even be bigger, like around 170. Aldo as well. I find it laughable people say BJ is a big LW just cause he's fought all the way up to HW but fail to realize he got there by eating burritos and cupcake. I mean look at Ricardo Lamas, and then look at BJ. Tell me, who looks bigger?

Kampmann vs Condit II

Thought the Hitman could wrestle him, but in a 5 rounder i knew it was going to be tough. And he actually did for a while, but dat condit cardio.

Florian - Penn
Stevenson - Penn
Sherk - Penn
Penn's cardio is suspect and he will gas...

I didn't even watch Cro Cop's last few fights cos I didn't want to see him lose. I wasn't around during his prime and just wanted him to relive his glory for me. It was heartbreaking.

Fedor v. Werdum

I just had this strong feeling that this was the fight Fedor was going to lose. He really didn't look like the diverse, multi-tool fighter in the past few fights leading up to the Werdum bout. He lost the fight like I thought he would, by getting sloppy and looking for a KO finish instead of fighting smart. The way he got out of the triangle and then immediately went back in still has me shaking my head. I wish they would have done a rematch because Fedor takes that fight pretty much every time if he doesn't hand it over to Werdum on a platter like he did.

Silva v. Weidman

Easily knew Weidman would take this. Silva, like Fedor, had shown some wear and tear. I also think, like Fedor, there's just a general look of the fights not being exciting for him anymore. Like it's the workmanship point of their careers - they just wanna clock in and clock out. After Silva's problems with Sonnen, there was zero doubt in my mind Weidman would work him. I think Weidman beats Silva at any point in his career, though, because he's a stylistic nightmare for Silva in quite literally every way possible.

I don't know how anybody could have favored Silva over Weidman after the first fight. Ditto with JDS over Cain after the second fight.

Barao-Faber 2

JDS-Carwin!! (this one hurts the most) :(

I fucking knew chuck was gonna starch Tito both times but damn it, I watched anyway and hoped for a miracle.

half the forum had this problem with BJ - edgar.

Back