when you knew but refused to admit

DirtyLandry**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
when was a time your favorite fighter had an upcoming opponent who in the back of your mind you knew was probably going to whoop his ass- but you refused to accept reality up to the very end?

great example for me was Silva weidman 2. my delusion was so extreme I lost money and everything, knowing full well Silva had almost no chance of winning

Rampage vs. Glover.
The time had passed. Everyone gets old. I knew it wasn't going his way but I told everyone he was winning.

Silva vs Brown for a lot of people. They had it dead set in there minds Brown was some kind of can and that he'd KO him in ten seconds.

Brown was Silva's kryptonite and Silva was Brown's Kryptonite. If there was ever a fight that should have even odds, it was this one.

BJ since Hughes.

But i deluded myself something shocking once he got matched up with Hoidy.

Silva vs Brown for a lot of people. They had it dead set in there minds Brown was some kind of can and that he'd KO him in ten seconds.

Brown was Silva's kryptonite and Silva was Brown's Kryptonite. If there was ever a fight that should have even odds, it was this one.

Silva was Brown's kryptonite?

Nick Diaz and GSP...

I woke up @ 6am in Afghanistan to see it...even though I knew Diaz wouldn't win

War 209

Add another thread to the list of threads that apply to shogun-jones.

Silva-Weidman 1.

We all knew about Chris's great wrestling and fight IQ but who honestly gets bored of watching Andy win? Its like this is my favorite guitar, so its Better than your guitar.

chuck against rampage. it had been so long since chuck lost, I was just overwhelmed with a feeling that he was about to get cracked.

Hunt vs JDS, I had to cut myself to make the pain of that wheel kick go away...

when was a time your favorite fighter had an upcoming opponent who in the back of your mind you knew was probably going to whoop his ass- but you refused to accept reality up to the very end?

great example for me was Silva weidman 2. my delusion was so extreme I lost money and everything, knowing full well Silva had almost no chance of winning

BJ Penn - Nick Diaz - 30$ BJ Penn

Silva Weidman 1 - 50$ Silva

Anderson vs. Weidman I. I never knew Anderson would lose, or anything like that, but I felt in the back of my mind that Weidman was a bad match up for him. I still believe in Anderson until the very end though. :/

I always look at fights as who I want to win and who I think would win if I were betting money. Its rarely the same for both. I have fighters that I like and want to win. But sometimes they fight ppl that Im pretty sure they cant beat. Kinda like aldo/mendes 1. Or shield/gsp

Back