when you knew but refused to admit

both diaz bros ufc title shots

I was actually confident Nate would beat Bendo but I'm with you on Nick. I knew he had no chance against GSP but my fingers were crossed the whole fight.

Felt the same for BJ vs Rory.

Wand going into the Vitor fight

Sonnen vs Jones. I was hoping from the bottom of my heart that Chael would put him on his ass just like he did with everybody else

Lesnar v. Cain - I admit I was a fan of Brock, but I had a bad feeling about the fight the moment it was announced.

Machida/Jones. And the outcome was tough to watch. Happy with him move to MW though.

Rampage vs. Glover.
The time had passed. Everyone gets old. I knew it wasn't going his way but I told everyone he was winning.

I'm with you for this one. I just wanted to believe Rampage was gonna win; maybe land a bomb within 15 minutes.

Evan Tanner vs Rich Franklin II.

Tanner's face was all swollen after a while and I just couldn't accept that Tanner wasn't going to come back and win right up until they stopped it in the 4th. Feeling foolish and sad. Fun stuff.

shogun vs Jones

i was like, hmm sure bad first round, he'll get his shit going round 2. hmm even worse 2 round. No worries he'll do his thing now.. hmm no... . aint happening

when was a time your favorite fighter had an upcoming opponent who in the back of your mind you knew was probably going to whoop his ass- but you refused to accept reality up to the very end?

great example for me was Silva weidman 2. my delusion was so extreme I lost money and everything, knowing full well Silva had almost no chance of winning

he didnt lose dude, he broke his leg and they stopped the fight

No. Weidman broke Silva's leg which caused Silva to lose.
Denial is just the first stage of mourning. You have a ways to go but just push through it. We are all here to support you.

i got a lot of fights like this.

chuck vs rampage 2
shogun vs jones
bj vs gsp 2
anderson vs weidman 1
bj vs rory
machida vs jones
nick diaz vs gsp

the list goes on and on

he didnt lose dude, he broke his leg and they stopped the fight

ba_2115428b.jpg

Anderson spammed sloppy leg kicks at full force with no setup until Weidman countered one and broke his leg. It's long past time for you to stop crying about that fight.

GSP/Fitch. I wanted my boy Jon to put him through hell at least even if he lost but I think I knew in the back of my mind that Georges was the far superior fighter. I've still never rewatched a single moment of that fight.

Lesnar/Overeem. I'm not a huge Lesnar fan but I wanted him to squash Overeem badly. What happened everyone kinda saw coming.

As much as it pains me to admit, Frankie/Aldo. I believe Edgar is a handful for any man he steps into the cage with but in my heart I worried about Aldo finishing him.

Forrest/Shad. It was hoping beyond hope that maybe he could make it an ugly fight against Suga but...damn, now that I think about it, Forrest vs Anderson and Shogun I felt the same way. Destruction was almost assured, but I didn't want to believe.

As much as it pains me to admit, Frankie/Aldo. I believe Edgar is a handful for any man he steps into the cage with but in my heart I worried about Aldo finishing him.

Even in the final 3 rounds as Edgar started winning?

Shogun vs Jon Jones. I knew Shogun would have nothing for him. Made me so sad to see Shogun sitting on the cage tapping to strikes after the ref had already stopped the fight. Ugh

Sonnen vs Rashad.

I love Sonnen and it was more of a blind hope that he would win, but there was never any real doubt that Rashad would crush him.

Back