When you get shaving wrong ...

<TheWire1>

I never thought that leaving my razorblades outside at night was why they were going dull so quickly.

God damn you moon! Your light dulls everything!

Yeah I learned the hard way too leaving mine on the bathroom window sill.

Shave with the electric first. Then get the fine stubble with a good quality blade.

I literally have shaved with a normal blade like one time in my entire life.

The Gillette brand, in my experience, starts off as the sharpest but dulls quickly. I was barely able to get two shaves of my face before they were dull.

While i have found this true for the cartridges ive found the disposables to last way longer for some reason. I use these....

1338380_23__92558.png

Get some 99% Isopropyl alcohol and keep those blades clean.
51-U1-N-4-AWr-L-SL1260.jpg

Hot water on skin + coconot oil= best shaving and after cream.

Source: I can barely grow a beard.
+1 on the coconut oil. Better than any shaving cream I have ever used. Closest shave I've ever had with zero irritation.

I shave once a week, I care more about my skin than I do what anybody thinks of my stubble.

i'm just perpetually 'growing a beard' so i don't shave anymore, maybe every other week w/ twice a week beard trimmings

But in the military i had to shave every day.
Coconut oil and cocoa butter do help. Using Skintimates definitely helps (my dad uses it to shave his head and has for years.) Making sure the blade is actually dry before putting it away (learned that here on the Berry, respect) makes a drastic difference in how long the blades last

I switched to an electric razor.

Also you need to open your pores with warm water. Run the blade under cold water.

Warm face, cold steel

minimize number of strokes
only go with the direction of hair growth

5 blades means 1 stroke = 5 strokes

single blade safety razor if you know how to use it/are willing to learn

shave after/during hot shower, when your face is well moisturized.

finish on your face with cold water

Finally got home and and shaved ... what a shit day! Man.

People glaring at me all day. F**ks sake. I got home and shaved right away with a razor.

F**k the pain/rash. It's not as painful as looking like a bum.
So you have a rash, dont have to shave for another 10+ hours and will have to shave again tomorrow?

You sound kinda foolish....why not just wait until tomorrow?

So, the last few weeks I had developed a bit of a rash on my neck area from shaving. Just as soon as it appeared to be healing, I would shave and then the rash would flare up again.

I think it stemmed from getting a little sunburned on my face/neck and then coupled with shaving with a razor, I got a rash/acne.

I recently hit up a skin doctor, he gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine and advised I use an electric shaver instead of a razor...

So, I've been trying to get used to this electric shaver, but find that I have to use it more often than a razor, as it doesn't go close enough to the skin.

I thought I could get away without shaving for one more day ... I couldn't, I'm now stuck at work with reaaallly bad stubble ... and everyone keeps asking if I'm ok ... this sucks.

Anyone else mess up their shaving regiment?

Can't wait to get home and f**king shave ... so embarrassing

I used to get this problem a lot, the trick is to bathe/shower/wash with hot water then shave swilling the razor with cold water and then soaking/washing your face with cold water to close the pours.
If you have after shave balm after all that, even better.

So you have a rash, dont have to shave for another 10+ hours and will have to shave again tomorrow?

You sound kinda foolish....why not just wait until tomorrow?

Nah, like I said. If I use a razor, I can get away with not shaving for about 48 hours ...

72 hours at a push ...

You don't understand the day I had, I just wanted to wash the day off me.

just wear one of these:
voice-changing-bane-mask-300x250.jpg

or

2zizee1.jpg

seriously though, good luck with the rash thing. i have no advice as:
As an Asian man I will never know your pain.
I'm with him and only shave once a week at most.

So, the last few weeks I had developed a bit of a rash on my neck area from shaving. Just as soon as it appeared to be healing, I would shave and then the rash would flare up again.

I think it stemmed from getting a little sunburned on my face/neck and then coupled with shaving with a razor, I got a rash/acne.

I recently hit up a skin doctor, he gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine and advised I use an electric shaver instead of a razor...

So, I've been trying to get used to this electric shaver, but find that I have to use it more often than a razor, as it doesn't go close enough to the skin.

I thought I could get away without shaving for one more day ... I couldn't, I'm now stuck at work with reaaallly bad stubble ... and everyone keeps asking if I'm ok ... this sucks.

I would suggest a double edge razor setup. At the very least, get a shaving brush, and some good shaving soap. Just that would help.

Electric razors are absolute trash bro, do not bother with them. The best thing is to buy a fogless shower mirror and shave in the shower daily.

It sounds like your shaving gear is dirty and you're giving yourself minor skin infections every time you shave.

You need to sanitize your razor and clean the head of your electric.

Get some rubbing alcohol, or other disinfectant and put it in a glass to soak the blade in it.

Mix in face lotion with shaving cream, buy razors more often, and clean razors with isopropyl alcohol after using them. That's my advice at least.

I work in a private high school. They are really strict and can get uppity over stuff like this.

Usually, a little stubble is fine, but this was maybe one day later than usual. I looked a bit like a bum/too casual.

Back when I was in High School, my Spanish teacher came to 1st period with a full weekend's worth of stubble. He then preceded to shave his face in class, and played it off as teaching us the Spanish words for shave and all that. He saved shaving the other half of his face for 2nd period I believe.

combo_jpg-600x390

If I had to choose between these 2 styles of electric, I would go with the 3 disc one on the right.
Also I'd recommend a multi-use electric with adjustable length guard if you go the professional stubble or short beard route.

41Vd%2B3U9YWL._SX355_.jpg

Back