When you get shaving wrong ...

The doctor gave me that, but I'm not going to use it. I don't trust that shit at all.
Yeah don't use it at all. Topical steroid addiction is mean. I had an allergic reaction on my wrist doc gave me super potent steroids. Was literally the most potent. Used it for two weeks. I had random red spots on my body for months.

Dull razors can cause a rash. Two things help keep the edge sharp.
1: Always store your razor with the sharp edge up so water doesn't dry on the blade edge last.
2: Never let moonlight shine on your blades, it dulls them.

Couple of things, some already mentioned:
- Only use sharp razors;
- Use a decent shaving cream, you know, the stuff you need a brush for;
- Either shave after showering, and/ or use a scrub sponge with some mild soap on your beard/ stubble before shaving. Makes the hairs more supple, and easier to shave. Will give a much cleaner shave as well. And I mean these types of sponge-thingies:
2-stks-Bad-Bal-Konjac-Spons-Set-Zomer-Body-Scrub-Nylon-Mesh-Douche-Spons-Make-Up.jpg

This should eliminate the rash. If it still persists, use some udder cream after shaving, and stay away from after shaves/ creams containing alcohol. Yes, udder cream, seriously.

So, the last few weeks I had developed a bit of a rash on my neck area from shaving. Just as soon as it appeared to be healing, I would shave and then the rash would flare up again.

I think it stemmed from getting a little sunburned on my face/neck and then coupled with shaving with a razor, I got a rash/acne.

I recently hit up a skin doctor, he gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine and advised I use an electric shaver instead of a razor...

So, I've been trying to get used to this electric shaver, but find that I have to use it more often than a razor, as it doesn't go close enough to the skin.

I thought I could get away without shaving for one more day ... I couldn't, I'm now stuck at work with reaaallly bad stubble ... and everyone keeps asking if I'm ok ... this sucks.

Anyone else mess up their shaving regiment?

Can't wait to get home and f**king shave ... so embarrassing

They're asking about your stubble at work? What fucking job do you do where this isn't normal?

2: Never let moonlight shine on your blades, it dulls them.

<TheWire1>

I never thought that leaving my razorblades outside at night was why they were going dull so quickly.

God damn you moon! Your light dulls everything!

You may have to let everyone in your life know that five o'clock shadow is your new look, and explain it's that or the burned look.
I speak as someone who has to do that. "Why don't you shave with..."
No no no no it don't work

"Here's some ucerine mixed with hydrocortisone"
No no no no it don't work

Use higher end razors. The ones that cost a lot of money.

Worst advice ever.

The Gillette brand, in my experience, starts off as the sharpest but dulls quickly. I was barely able to get two shaves of my face before they were dull.

For everyone here looking for a cheap and high-quality shave, check out ShaveMob.

300.JPG

I stopped shaving like 6 years ago. I keep it really short with a 3 mm guard on an electric razor. Do the edging with no guard. Trim it up about once a week. So much easier and saves a lot of money not having to buy razors.

<PlusJuan>

I'd recommend Harry's if available. Super sharp and each blade cartridge lasts about 6 weeks

Worst advice ever.

The Gillette brand, in my experience, starts off as the sharpest but dulls quickly. I was barely able to get two shaves of my face before they were dull.

For everyone here looking for a cheap and high-quality shave, check out ShaveMob.

300.JPG
I never advocated for Gillette.

They're asking about your stubble at work? What fucking job do you do where this isn't normal?

I work in a private high school. They are really strict and can get uppity over stuff like this.

Usually, a little stubble is fine, but this was maybe one day later than usual. I looked a bit like a bum/too casual.

So, the last few weeks I had developed a bit of a rash on my neck area from shaving. Just as soon as it appeared to be healing, I would shave and then the rash would flare up again.

I think it stemmed from getting a little sunburned on my face/neck and then coupled with shaving with a razor, I got a rash/acne.

I recently hit up a skin doctor, he gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine and advised I use an electric shaver instead of a razor...

So, I've been trying to get used to this electric shaver, but find that I have to use it more often than a razor, as it doesn't go close enough to the skin.

I thought I could get away without shaving for one more day ... I couldn't, I'm now stuck at work with reaaallly bad stubble ... and everyone keeps asking if I'm ok ... this sucks.

Anyone else mess up their shaving regiment?

Can't wait to get home and f**king shave ... so embarrassing

I literally can't even like...even

i dont shave, i go to the barber to keep my beard and my awesome hair cut, keep the beard at all times

For myself, this stuff eliminated about 98% of all redness, bumps etc..

GUEST_f483f665-da10-4ee8-8180-31faec830222

Back