When you get shaving wrong ...

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So, the last few weeks I had developed a bit of a rash on my neck area from shaving. Just as soon as it appeared to be healing, I would shave and then the rash would flare up again.

I think it stemmed from getting a little sunburned on my face/neck and then coupled with shaving with a razor, I got a rash/acne.

I recently hit up a skin doctor, he gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine and advised I use an electric shaver instead of a razor...

So, I've been trying to get used to this electric shaver, but find that I have to use it more often than a razor, as it doesn't go close enough to the skin.

I thought I could get away without shaving for one more day ... I couldn't, I'm now stuck at work with reaaallly bad stubble ... and everyone keeps asking if I'm ok ... this sucks.

Anyone else mess up their shaving regiment?

Can't wait to get home and f**king shave ... so embarrassing

Hot water on skin + coconot oil= best shaving and after cream.

Source: I can barely grow a beard.

Theres an old school answer to this

Dont shave.

Dont take dr prescribed drugs ya goof

"How do i make myself sound like a TEST AF affa male on a karate forum?!?!"
*Gillette ad plays*

Yes.

Recently the past few weeks I've been getting irritation on one side of my neck. I always shave upwards on my neck. But this has never caused a rash before.

I do have to be careful not to press the razor into my skin. You're meant to let it glide, whether you shave against teh grain or not. I think this might be what caused the rash really.

But either way I find you get a better shave after a shower and having pre washed your face with a mild facial wash.

Skintimate Women’s Shaving Gel is the way to go. I grow a goatee and neck beard super fast and my old job required that I shave every day. I tried just about everything out there and this is the only thing that works for me. I know it’s not cool around here to use girlie products or do anything that’s not “alpha”...but they make great shaving products, the gel in particular.

Yes.

Recently the past few weeks I've been getting irritation on one side of my neck. I always shave upwards on my neck. But this has never caused a rash before.

I do have to be careful not to press the razor into my skin. You're meant to let it glide, whether you shave against teh grain or not. I think this might be what caused the rash really.

But either way I find you get a better shave after a shower and having pre washed your face with a mild facial wash.

100% agree on shaving after a shower. Your skin will be moisturized and your pores will be open and clean. Much easier to shave then.

I use an electric razor dry.

Hurt in the beginning but my skin eventually got used to it and now it's tough like a man's skin should be.

I stopped shaving like 6 years ago. I keep it really short with a 3 mm guard on an electric razor. Do the edging with no guard. Trim it up about once a week. So much easier and saves a lot of money not having to buy razors.

Skintimate Women’s Shaving Gel is the way to go. I grow a goatee and neck beard super fast and my old job required that I shave every day. I tried just about everything out there and this is the only thing that works for me. I know it’s not cool around here to use girlie products or do anything that’s not “alpha”...but they make great shaving products, the gel in particular.

Women's shaving gel ... I might try that

So, the last few weeks I had developed a bit of a rash on my neck area from shaving. Just as soon as it appeared to be healing, I would shave and then the rash would flare up again.

I think it stemmed from getting a little sunburned on my face/neck and then coupled with shaving with a razor, I got a rash/acne.

I recently hit up a skin doctor, he gave me some anti-inflammatory medicine and advised I use an electric shaver instead of a razor...

So, I've been trying to get used to this electric shaver, but find that I have to use it more often than a razor, as it doesn't go close enough to the skin.

I thought I could get away without shaving for one more day ... I couldn't, I'm now stuck at work with reaaallly bad stubble ... and everyone keeps asking if I'm ok ... this sucks.

Anyone else mess up their shaving regiment?

Can't wait to get home and f**king shave ... so embarrassing

Hot water on skin + coconot oil= best shaving and after cream.

Source: I can barely grow a beard.

+1 for the advice to begin using coconut oil/lotion instead of shaving cream/gel.

Its plain and simply the best shaving advice I've ever received.

Have huge beard, don't worry about shaving.

Ugh ... 3 more hours of work.

Just keeping my head down. Can't wait to get home and shave!!

People keep looking at me, as if I've got a curry stain on my chin or something... this is torture.

Last edited:
Women's razor and gel.

I get rashes no matter what I do, but if I use those female products, minus after shave, then it is barely there. Also, get a fog free mirror for the shower, and shave in the shower. Might not help for your exact problem, but those are my suggestions

Finally got home and and shaved ... what a shit day! Man.

People glaring at me all day. F**ks sake. I got home and shaved right away with a razor.

F**k the pain/rash. It's not as painful as looking like a bum.

Do you use that shave gel crap?

Back