When you dont have ring or cage to stop you from backing up endlessly

I think 20 years ago people had less mental problems than they do today, therefore there was less violence. Being able to defend yourself today is a a necessity.

I can't speak on that, about people having more mental problems now, though I wouldn't doubt it. I also don't know that we're any more violent today, that seems anectodal unless you have some proof. Shit was pretty violent when/where I grew up in the early 90's.

Of course it's rare when taking into account the entire population. Again though Im not talking about the entire country. Im talking about a city like L.A. or Houston, where encounters like this are much more common. The difference in trained/untrained people from when I was growing up night and day. So, very specifically, in urban populated areas, "tough guys" that start shit with people are way more likely to run into someone that trains, than at any other point in time.
You mostly like to see more videos from urban areas more ppl of course. Houston only ranks 8th in 10 and L.A. isn’t in top 10 . Like I said it rare that your going to fight a person that knows/trains MA . They may have some training doesn’t equal regular training. A lot BS dojo/gyms in it for the profit .no more trained ppl than priors years . Maybe more that claim to be

You mostly like to see more videos from urban areas more ppl of course. Houston only ranks 8th in 10 and L.A. isn’t in top 10 . Like I said it rare that your going to fight a person that knows/trains MA . They may have some training doesn’t equal regular training. A lot BS dojo/gyms in it for the profit .no more trained ppl than priors years . Maybe more that claim to be
MMA didn't even exist when I started HS, I think it's safe to say more people train now than did back then.

MMA didn't even exist when I started HS, I think it's safe to say more people train now than did back then.
Ok mma isnt the only MA , In the 80s MA were huge . Even in the 70’s kickboxing was big in the US from 70 to the 90’s still around today

Ok mma isnt the only MA , I the 80s MA were huge . Even in the 70’s
That's cool but I'm not talking about traditional MA, the guy in the op, which I was commenting on, clearly trains MMA.

The leg kicks and subsequent takedown make it pretty obvious.
Remains standing correct
San shou/Sanda fighters train to leg kick and takedown and to remain standing . Ready for next attack . Just because he leg kicks and take downs doesn’t mean it MMA . He may know Any number of different MA that teach leg kicks and takedowns

Remains standing correct
San shou/Sanda fighters train to leg kick and takedown and to remain standing . Ready for next attack . Just because he leg kicks and take downs doesn’t mean it MMA .

The guy was asleep, obviously no need for groundwork when someones already sleeping. Or maybe he is a San Shou fighter, or maybe he trained some Muay Thai and Sambo. You obviously like to argue for arguments sake, and this is getting ridiculous.

The guy was asleep, obviously no need for groundwork when someones already sleeping. Or maybe he is a San Shou fighter, or maybe he trained some Muay Thai and Sambo. You obviously like to argue for arguments sake, and this is getting ridiculous.
No , I just don’t believe there as many ppl as you think that train mma or any MA than before. That of us that truly do train regularly are a rare ppl.and will most likely not use it un less we have too or competition. I wasn’t arguing with you just commenting.

No , I just don’t believe there as many ppl as you think that train mma or any MA than before. That of us that truly do train regularly are a rare ppl.and will most likely not use it un less we have too or competition. I wasn’t arguing with you just commenting.
Well again, I was only speaking on mma. And mma did not exist or was still brand new during the time period I was referencing. So please tell me one more time what your point is.

Never mind I think I get it now. You are one of the very few people that regularly train. Yes you are special..all good?

Never mind I think I get it now. You are one of the very few people that regularly train. Yes you are special..all good?
Well again, I was only speaking on mma. And mma did not exist or was still brand new during the time period I was referencing. So please tell me one more time what your point is.
oh sorry I forgot mma is different.and so special as not be mixed in with other MA . My mistake . No my comment about training regularly was more compliment to all. MA that do . Clearly your not one of them, for you to take it the way you did

oh sorry I forgot mma is different.and so special as not be mixed in with other MA . My mistake . No my comment about training regularly was more compliment to all. MA that do . Clearly your not one of them, for you to take it the way you did
Correct, mma is indeed special and different compared to traditional MA. Other than that I'm not sure what you're saying here, and my original point was lost a long time ago in whatever it is that you're trying to get across.

Correct, mma is indeed special and different compared to traditional MA. Other than that I'm not sure what you're saying here, and my original point was lost a long time ago in whatever it is that you're trying to get across.
Mma takes from TMA techniques that work , their for it is not special or different. Not that using what works is bad thing .

Yeah not just cholos but any thuggish person. I always found it amusing when people would say I'm from (*insert city and zip code*) as if that made you good at fighting. Might mean you've seen some shit, and probably carry a weapon, but doesn't mean you can throw hands simply based on your proximity.
Yea but coming from certain neighborhoods could mean you've fought alot and know how to fight based on experience compared to someone in a real nice neighborhood that has never had a fight in their life.

That ending part was like something out of a movie.
giphy.gif

Remains standing correct
San shou/Sanda fighters train to leg kick and takedown and to remain standing . Ready for next attack . Just because he leg kicks and take downs doesn’t mean it MMA . He may know Any number of different MA that teach leg kicks and takedowns

Like Machida Karate

Back