• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When was the UFC the worst, according to you?

First free fight card on Fox.

Hour long build up for a fight that lasted less time than a pee break.

Ignored a barn burner that was on the undercard that would have hooked newbies to the sport

First free fight card on Fox.

Hour long build up for a fight that lasted less time than a pee break.

Ignored a barn burner that was on the undercard that would have hooked newbies to the sport
Bad show, but it was literally one night.

any time cm punk fought. dude was straight trash lmao

I have been watching UFC since 1994, and for me the worst era was the "dark years" when they weren't televised anymore. Somewhere around UFC 20, when there were a lot of wrestlers. Since the UFC has become a household sport in the last 10 years or so though, right now is one of my least favorite era's. The fights are still good, but the star power now is very low. There are so many fighters from Russia and surrounding countries, all with names I can not pronounce, it's hard for me to remember who is who. Even when talking about them on Sherdog, nobody uses their full name, just their first name, because nobody can spell the last name. For instance, LHW championship is Jan fighting Jiri? Jan who vs. Jiri who? Even with Khabib Nurmagomedov, one of the best ever, most can't spell or even pronounce his last name. Still watching though!:)
So today it's bad because you are a fucking a racist asshole. Good excuse.

Mma as a whole was the worst when fedor was in his prime in pride… because that was the beginning of the end of heavyweight ever producing a better fighter according to some.

according to these people the sport peaked over 15 years ago. That is a complete insult. The prime pride era was the worst because that’s when most of the dumbest fans jumped onboard of this mma thing… TUF came on around 2005 which is more evidence that the mid 2000s era was the worse.

Pre 2013 a lot of guys threw punches like wmma. 99% of wrestlers just had a right hook.

It's a hard question, we are currently seeing the best skill set and talents ever since the sport has evolved a small bit in the lower weight classes but the sport has never been so corporate vanilla and tyrannical it seems than now, especially seeing that it's owned by the elite Disney and its brainwashing people with that woke bs.

The fighting is fine for the most part but the Ufc needs some changes promotion wise, anesthetics wise, rules wise, media wise, etc.

Never been as bad as it is now. I live in europe ( yeah not a ufc target I know), but back in a day at least I wanted to wake up at 2 am and watch event... Now... wake up at 2 am to watch ufc ? ( lol), one good fight which might not be main event... funny that people ask questions like that.

we
People in this thread have no idea what they're talking about. I highly doubt people saying now have actually watched any Pre-TUF boom UFC. I'd say the worst was from UFC 17 to UFC 32 when Zuffa bought the company.

The early tournaments were/are carried by the Gracie mystique. Once Royce is gone and the weirder aspects are taken away by adding gloves and weight classes, it gets boring. Mainly because of the skill level.

People can bash this era all they want but if you're someone who studies martial arts and knows about fighting, the talent level today is miles ahead of what it use to be.
It wasnt that bad ( wrestlers lol)... tho I agreed Pride at this time rocked !!!!.

90s were absolutely the worst and not because of talent but because of lack of content. It was literally banned pretty much everywhere in the states and it was just a major chore to watch what little there was of it. I'll take this watered down shit over 1 card a year any day.

90's for sure. Sport was a fuckin mess back then.

Never been as bad as it is now. I live in europe ( yeah not a ufc target I know), but back in a day at least I wanted to wake up at 2 am and watch event... Now... wake up at 2 am to watch ufc ? ( lol), one good fight which might not be main event... funny that people ask questions like that.

What about next weeks card?

Back