When was the prime years of UFC for you

Ufc is actually better now than than in past. People forget the truly dogshit cards we used to get..

For you maybe. I hardly care anymore. I was looking forward so much before to each event, sitting up all night etc (live in Norway).

Now its just mediocre cards for me, due to WMMA beeing pushed down our throaths. Really destroys the enjoyment of each card.

When PRIDE was around to be better

For you maybe. I hardly care anymore. I was looking forward so much before to each event, sitting up all night etc (live in Norway).

Now its just mediocre cards for me, due to WMMA beeing pushed down our throaths. Really destroys the enjoyment of each card.
Maybe ur thinking of Pride UFC had many many awful cards the cards despite some have actually improved thru years imo. Pride had some great cards tho

UFC 166-168

JDS lost
Anderson lost
GSP lost...I mean not on the score cards but...he lost

Didn’t realize those loses all came so close. It was downhill from there

For me, it was the 32.7 seconds that Machida held the LHW strap...:(

Aside from that, you can’t beat the early 90s when the UFC burst on the scene!

Around 2007 - 2009. When Pride and UFC emerged. There was a lot of hype around potential matchups and dream fights. Shogun was insanely hyped, and he lost to Forest. Rampage knocked out (the face of the UFC) Chuck in the first round. Anderson went into Matrix mode and started decimated everyone. GSP did his thing and reigned over his division. Those were the prime years for me as I was always super excited to see the fights.

Back