When was the prime years of UFC for you

ImLovinIt

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For me, it's got to be around 2007-2010 or so. The years GSP, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn reigning over their division. You've also got the excitement of Pride legends finally crossing over to the UFC. Bars and restaurants were always packed and if you weren't 2 hours early, you wouldn't get a seat.

2005 - 2010 . 2011 + was when the ufc starting doing the good main events and dog shit main cards on ppv.

For me it started in the Chuck Liddell/Couture/Ortiz era and ended in the Lesnar Era. Everything in betwee. Seemed good. I remember a lot of fight parties and generally everyone being interested.
About the time Lesnar became big the newness started wearing off and i noticed conversations about mma became harder.
Now most people say "i dont really follow that stuff" and its rare to find someone to actually talk with about it. Guess thats what sherdog is good for.

When we had GSP & Silva as WW and MW champs, BJ Penn as the LW champ. Best years ever.

Anderson's run.

UFC 100.

Going to bars for the big events.

UFC on Spike.

Zuffa.

For me it started in the Chuck Liddell/Couture/Ortiz era and ended in the Lesnar Era. Everything in betwee. Seemed good. I remember a lot of fight parties and generally everyone being interested.
About the time Lesnar became big the newness started wearing off and i noticed conversations about mma became harder.
Now most people say "i dont really follow that stuff" and its rare to find someone to actually talk with about it. Guess thats what sherdog is good for.

I agree with all of this. I never missed a PPV during that time. Now I probably catch every fourth card or so and only if it has a big fight on it.

I like the era when champs defended their belts and the best ranked guys fought among themselves, without picking fights.

For me, it's got to be around 2007-2010 or so. The years GSP, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn reigning over their division. You've also got the excitement of Pride legends finally crossing over to the UFC. Bars and restaurants were always packed and if you weren't 2 hours early, you wouldn't get a seat.
I really liked the years where Fedor and BJ started losing a lot

2001-2012

It is getting harder to be a fan now. Rizin is looking good though.

I agree with all of this. I never missed a PPV during that time. Now I probably catch every fourth card or so and only if it has a big fight on it.

Same here, a UFC fight was more of an event. Now i wont even put the effort in to illegally streaming most fights. I might buy 2 PPVS a year and just check to see who won afterwards.

2006-2013

The day Anderson got KOd

We are still in it imo.
6 April 2013 -> Present to be exact

For me, around TUF 1 to TUF 5.

Back