When was the prime years of UFC for you

2007-2012 were the best years for UFC, after 2012 it has gone downhill rapidly for me.

I like the era when champs defended their belts and the best ranked guys fought among themselves, without picking fights.
That's the reason why UFC is dying now :/

If i could have watched any era that i didnt get to, it would be the old UFC tournament days.

2005-2012 or so
This is good. TUF 1 at the time, to 2012 or so would quite possibly be it. A lot of my TUF'er casual friends don't watch as much for a while now. My bro n law, hasn't really been into MMA for maybe more than a few years now. Will watch once in a while, but used to watch PPV's from like 50 to 100 or so.

216LQ.png

exact same here. legendary champs and the colliding of the worlds with pride coming over. the good ole days.

The years leading up to 2010, and shortly afterward...I remember those years being amazing for me.

Those were the years I watched alot of UFC, but also HDNet for alot of other random fights going on at the time. Strikeforce had a heavyweight roster that was gaining notoriety around ‘11, and it was pretty cool having multiple fight cards from 2 different major orgs to follow.

We have Bellator nowadays, but one thing that turns me off greatly to Bellator, is its stable of UFC castoffs. There’s really nothing there that interests me.

The days were it was no WMMA and no manlet divisions.

Now there is just to much divisions, and wmma drawing the quality of each PPV down.

Probably around 2008-2011 or so. Anderson Silva, GSP, Machida era Lesnar hype etc

The last two years or so my interest has taken a deep dive. UFC seem to not get interesting champions, and those who are lose without building a Silva/GSP type status or they never fight.

Also the increase in events to me means I have less interest in the fighters on the cards.

Ufc is actually better now than than in past. People forget the truly dogshit cards we used to get..

Back