When fighters keep hitting a guy who are clearly out

Like this?
tumblr_p9bjpwWsmC1qd4esao1_500.gif

Dang gif doesn't even have the full thing, brb searching.

Edit
b44fa21267bd35e5bacd800512148e6b.gif
Kid usually had to be pulled off the other guy. And if I recall, Tetsuo had some multiple skull fractures after this.

Nah, man. The guy hadn't given up and was still trying not to get hit, so let them bang. I'm a firm believer that even if a fighter is getting pummeled, if he hasn't given up, let them go until he either does give up, or is out cold.

Like when Fedor was getting pummeled against Maldonado and the ref let it go. Like that. That's how it should always be.

Dude, you are like legit the toughest guy on Sherdog. I can only hope one day to be half the internet tough guy you are.

have you not seen how often fighters stop hitting early and their opponent gets up?

it happens like 50% of the time. don't stop hitting until the referee tells you.

But walk away KOs are so cool

Dan Henderson is the king of hitting fighters after they are clearly out. He’s done it 3 or 4 times that I can recall.

Watch viscardi andrade vs nicolas musoke and you will know why they do that

For some reason it really pisses me off

Ex: Francis Ngannou vs overeem, Chris Weidman on Mark Munoz, even Usman tried to do it in his only ufc ko

Is it reason to be pissed when it happens?
It pretty easy to see when it’s excessive and when it’s not. It’s weird, because people will argue about early stoppages, but I think we almost universally agree on when the hits are unnecessary.

I’m with you man.

For some reason it really pisses me off

Ex: Francis Ngannou vs overeem, Chris Weidman on Mark Munoz, even Usman tried to do it in his only ufc ko

Is it reason to be pissed when it happens?
Rampage vs Wand at UFC 92 was pretty fucking ridiculous

Crazy to think how Palhares got banned from UFC for holding on to subs but Stephens gets KOTN bonuses instead.

Stephens-KO.gif

2.gif
But the difference is that Stephens stopped when the ref stopped the fight, whereas Palhares did not. Can't fire Stephens for following the rules.

Keep going until the ref stops it. These are the rules. If you don't like the rules...I dunno talk to your congressman or something.

wtf is up with jeremy stephens

I think it's very hard to penalize things like that. Maybe the UFC should start not giving ko of the night bonuses to guys who blatantly follow up on an unconscious fighter

People complaining about things like this will end up with MMA getting a shitty rule like standing 8 count or something, which would ruin the sport.

When you're in there fighting adrenalin overtakes a lot of reasoning. If you knock someone out most fighters aren't sure if they are out so they must seize all advantage. It's the referees job to protect the fighter, not their opponent.

And if the fighter that drops their opponent goes on to lose the fight they take a 50% cut out of their check most of the time

This thing had me thinking and i came out with the conclusion that how much of a class act hendo is , he never in his life hitted any fighter especially Michael Bisping after he was out cold

dan-henderson-knocks-out-michael-bisping-gif.gif

Dan-Henderson-Michael-Bisping-115.jpg

Fighters have the right to go out like warriors.

They know what they signed for.

Back