When fighters keep hitting a guy who are clearly out

original

Holy fuck that was actually a really slick back take by the ref all things considered

There are some bad cases out there, but for the most part people are judging fighters unfairly. You're watching slowed down gifs of things that happened in about a second with a cold and detached eye with normal emotions. When they're in there slinging leather as fast and hard as they can and adrenaline is flowing and they are actually looking in first person perspective as opposed to a perfect camera angle it is easier to understand how they don't always fully know what is happening. I guarantee most of them are stopping to think about the situation and just see the other guy fall, so they rush him to make sure he doesn't get back up and return the favor.

Two violent kos for poor Olaf, just nasty. I think Razor Rob was legit trying to kill Olaf.

Before Charlie Brennamen, there was Olaf Alfonso. Both funny to see get flatlined with they’re hair flying all over the place.

Once. He did it once.
Nope. 3 times at least. Hector lumbard. Bisping, and at least one other, I can’t remember who. But if you check out lumbard, you’ll get the point. I love hendo, but he’s dirty.

For some reason it really pisses me off

Ex: Francis Ngannou vs overeem, Chris Weidman on Mark Munoz, even Usman tried to do it in his only ufc ko

Is it reason to be pissed when it happens?
This isn’t the sport for you.

no reason to be mad at the fighters. they are trained their whole careers to hurt people until the ref steps in.

be mad at the refs for late stoppages

Looks bad, but who takes the blame? Stephens followed up once to close the fight, seems fine to me.
Stephens clearly sees Jason is vulnerable and stiff yet goes for the follow up punch for good measure.Douchebag at its best.

I would never stop hitting my opponent until the referee intervenes. I don't care if the mofo is dead on the canvas, it's not my discretion that matters it's the referee's and the fight ain't stopped until he says so.

For some reason it really pisses me off

Ex: Francis Ngannou vs overeem, Chris Weidman on Mark Munoz, even Usman tried to do it in his only ufc ko

Is it reason to be pissed when it happens?

Its part of MMA..maybe its not for you perhaps boxing or muay thai maybe you would like ..combat karate league where as soon as you land clean shot ref stops it lol..

In MMA your trained to go for the finished..as soon as your opponents hurt you follow up last thing you want is your opponent getting back up or recovering because you were being a gentle cage fighter...every time these fighters agree to fight they know this can happen or that they might need to do this to someone else..its fighting guys your going to get hit and hit hard

I would never stop hitting my opponent until the referee intervenes. I don't care if the mofo is dead on the canvas, it's not my discretion that matters it's the referee's and the fight ain't stopped until he says so.

You are so alfa. <36>

I always thought Gilbert Yvel was the meanest fighter I had ever seen. You did not want to get finished by him because he would not stop. See below... poor Pedro Rizzo. The last shot was the definition of un-needed.

KO and then some at 2:00

Last edited:
Silva vs Bisping showed that you keep going, until a ref stops it.

Op said when a fighter is clearly out. Bisping was posting on an arm and screaming at Herb Dean. Terrible example.

Weidman vs Munoz was one of the worst things I've seen in MMA.
Agreed, but it was the ref's fault. The referee is responsible for fighter safety and stopping the fight.

hated when rampage did this.

i23245_Page2.gif

sure he may be bitter that wand fucked him up 2 times, but what he did was pretty bad.
One extra hit after the hammer fist WOW that was glancing at best WOW

There are some bad cases out there, but for the most part people are judging fighters unfairly. You're watching slowed down gifs of things that happened in about a second with a cold and detached eye with normal emotions. When they're in there slinging leather as fast and hard as they can and adrenaline is flowing and they are actually looking in first person perspective as opposed to a perfect camera angle it is easier to understand how they don't always fully know what is happening. I guarantee most of them are stopping to think about the situation and just see the other guy fall, so they rush him to make sure he doesn't get back up and return the favor.
This. The responsibility fully lies with the referee. The referee is responsible for fighter safety. The referee is there to protect the fighter from his opponent. The referee is there to protect the fighter from himself (or herself). The fighter is only at fault when the referee steps in to stop the fight and they keep going. I think that should be a criminal offense.

Nah, man. The guy hadn't given up and was still trying not to get hit, so let them bang. I'm a firm believer that even if a fighter is getting pummeled, if he hasn't given up, let them go until he either does give up, or is out cold.

Like when Fedor was getting pummeled against Maldonado and the ref let it go. Like that. That's how it should always be.

Lol. They only let that fight go because Fedor was guaranteed a win as long as it reached the final bell. The ref, judges and the whole organisation were in Fedor's pocket. Maldonado won three fights by KO and a lopsided decision that night and only got an L on his record to show for it.

Back