When Fedor became Pride champ he went 8-0 in 17 months

You do realize we've been hearing that about every 5 years or so right? 5 years from now all your favorite fighters are "overrated can crushers". Trust me, I'm an old timer myself.

I could write a goddamn essay how short term the common MMA fan's memory is and how they have no concept on what aging does to any athlete.
even when they retire when they should people give them crap... People on here saying GSP was ducking, when he absolutly dominated his division and fought possibly the greatest names out of all the people in the "GOAT" talks... But yeah I agree with you. I loved watching Fedor. He should not come to the UFC though.. Should retire

You do realize we've been hearing that about every 5 years or so right? 5 years from now all your favorite fighters are "overrated can crushers". Trust me, I'm an old timer myself.

I could write a goddamn essay how short term the common MMA fan's memory is and how they have no concept on what aging does to any athlete.
Fedor has nothing for a top level organization with drug testing, Jones is the complete fighter, you can't say definitively that Jones will be on somebodies highlight reel just because your favourite fighter was, that's the definition of butthurt.

A big reason why it was so frustrating that he ducked CroCop for so long.
You mean to tell me he ducked CC just long enough so that he could finally fight him with a broken hand?

I didn't know that, thanks a bunch!

OVfRvc.gif

So Fujita, Goodridge, and Nagata weren't cans? Just asking.

Fujita was ranked Top 10 when Fedor fought him. Fujita was the 1st guy to beat #1 ranked Kerr. Just because Fujita lost at the end of his career doesn't mean he was a can at the time.

8zkzm1.gif

Including wins over Nogueira, Coleman, Randleman, Fujita, Goodrige, Nagata + 2 cans. He destroyed all of them in a less than year and a half. A few months later he beat Nogueira in a rematch.

GOAT.

All those guys you just named are all cans,except Nogueirawho was more of the versatile fighters out of all of em and he barely decisioned him.

Fedor fought nothing but cans,lets be honest.He came to strikeforce and got destroyed by a UFC middle-weight and tapped by UFC heavyweight.Get the fuck out of here.He fought a bunch of juiced up one dimensional no bodies with no technique.The only good opponents he fought was crop cop and nogueira which were close fights.

I was living in Asia at the time watching it all in real time. It was amazing.
Everyone always thought this doughy little man would always lose, and he kept winning.
I used to watch it with my girlfriend at the time.

It was kind of like what is happening with Conor now.
Amazing times.

He looked like a bus driver or something. There will never be another Fedor. GOAT.

Royce Gracie went 11-0 in 13 months and won 3 UFC tournaments (almost 4) in the process.

Boom!

Fedor has nothing for a top level organization with drug testing, Jones is the complete fighter, you can't say definitively that Jones will be on somebodies highlight reel just because your favourite fighter was, that's the definition of butthurt.

Being a complete fighter has jack shit to do with aging. If Jones fights enough, I will guarantee he will lose decisively. Doesn't change that's he's one of the all time greats though. Muhammed Ali got KOed by Holmes at the end of his career but I think most people rank him above Holmes overall as a boxer simply because they understand Ali was out of his prime. All I'm saying is it's about time these new MMA understood the concept of aging.

Being a complete fighter has jack shit to do with aging. If Jones fights enough, I will guarantee he will lose decisively. Doesn't change that's he's one of the all time greats though. Muhammed Ali got KOed by Holmes at the end of his career but I think most people rank him above Holmes overall as a boxer simply because they understand Ali was out of his prime. All I'm saying is it's about time these new MMA understood the concept of aging.
Jones isn't even 30 & Ali missed his prime years. Your comparisons aren't comparable.

Fedor has a couple great win, a handful of good wins, and a laundry list of total cans. He's definitely belongs up there with Jones, GSP, and Anderson, but he will never be #1 to me.

Why Is it bitter? I Don't mind Jones but your hero worship is pretty pathetic kid
Worship? That's a bit of an exaggeration now isn't it, I don't get emotionally invested in fighters, go & cry you silly little child.

Jones isn't even 30 & Ali missed his prime years. Your comparisons aren't comparable.

The point I was making is that he WILL be making way for the "next generation" the same way every single fighter before him did. Saying that Jones (or anyone else for that matter) is better based on your arguments is fucking retarded. Do you even understand what I am saying?

None of them beat 6 UFC champions by the age of 28, I hold GSP & Anderson in high regard but Fedor has nothing for a top level organization with drug testing.
drug testing, holy shit

you know ufc drug testing was garbage too, right

lame ass agenda

Back