When Fedor became Pride champ he went 8-0 in 17 months

8zkzm1.gif

Including wins over Nogueira, Coleman, Randleman, Fujita, Goodrige, Nagata + 2 cans. He destroyed all of them in a less than year and a half. A few months later he beat Nogueira in a rematch.

GOAT.
Beating Nogueira, Coleman, Randleman, Fujita, Goodrige, Nagata + 2 cans makes you GOAT? lmfao...

Fedor has nothing for guys in a top level organization with drug testing. GOATS don't get submitted or KO'd.

Jones is the GOAT.

Everyone gets finished when they fight long enough. Even Ali didn't escape getting knocked out later on in his career.

Beating Nogueira, Coleman, Randleman, Fujita, Goodrige, Nagata + 2 cans makes you GOAT? lmfao...

Fighting in the weakest division in MMA.
I think its only comparable to womens 145.

If Jones is still fighting in 5-6 years I can virtually guarantee he will have been finished at least once by then.
Nah, if he was going to get finished it would have been early in his UFC career like GSP, Jones has & is continuing to mature as a fighter.

Nah, if he was going to get finished it would have been early in his UFC career like GSP, Jones has & is continuing to mature as a fighter.

How can he mature as a fighter when he isn't even maturing as a man, or a human being? If anything his recent behavior indicates a regression to a more child like state where consequences seemingly don't exist in the process of decision making.

The only quality fighter in that list is Nogueira.

zactly.

You do realize we've been hearing that about every 5 years or so right? 5 years from now all your favorite fighters are "overrated can crushers". Trust me, I'm an old timer myself.

I could write a goddamn essay how short term the common MMA fan's memory is and how they have no concept on what aging does to any athlete.

but none of us would remember it, M I RITE?

Fedor is GOAT guys. Get over it.

Please don't let the hurt in your butt cloud your judgement.

Anyone with wins over a prime Mark Kerr and Shamrock, plus Gilbert Yvel, is CLEARLY a can. :/

I would say Fujita at that stage is quite similar to Carwin personally, good wrestler with an exellent chin and power.

How can he mature as a fighter when he isn't even maturing as a man, or a human being? If anything his recent behavior indicates a regression to a more child like state where consequences seemingly don't exist in the process of decision making.
You're clearly emotionally invested, name somebody besides Jones who beat 6 UFC champions by the age of 28.

Salty bitch :D

Its retarded to compare a fighter in his prime with an out of prime fighter. Jones would eventually lose being it at LHW or HW. Every great fighter looks unstoppable in their primes.

It is pretty crazy how often some of those guys fought back then

This is a big reason for the popularity of PRIDE.
When you see your champions fight every 10 months like nowdays you can't really keep the exicitement level high..

Fujita was top 10 HW at the time, he had defeated Mark Kerr and Ken Shamrock when he got into the top 10. The other two were veterans at the time. sorta like someone facing Koscheck or Thiago Silva nowadays, not a can but not elite anymore.

How in the blue hell is 0-2 pro wrestler Yuji Nagata in the same boat as Koscheck and Paulo Thiago??? Thats like saying CM Punk is or Herchel Walker is.

You're clearly emotionally invested, name somebody besides Jones who beat 6 UFC champions by the age of 28.

To my knowledge nobody else has done it in 28 years, but Shogun was 29 when he took down his 6th UFC champion. But that isn't what we're talking about. We're talking about anyone fighting into their mid 30's without being finished. It hasn't happened yet in mma as far as I'm aware.

To my knowledge nobody else has done it in 28 years, but Shogun was 29 when he took down his 6th UFC champion. But that isn't what we're talking about. We're talking about anyone fighting into their mid 30's without being finished. It hasn't happened yet in mma as far as I'm aware.
GOATs gonna GOAT

Back