• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When does the UFC cut Travis Browne he's 1-5 now

He'll be cut the moment Ronda announces her retirement

He's still very talented. He won the first round against Lewis. The UFC can't let another good HW go to bellator.

When he drops to LHW and makes it to the top ten, surely his ufc spot would be in danger then.

The way he's going I don't see him lasting to much longer. Not sure of a top 15 HW he can beat right now.

I doubt Ronda has much pull these days. After two brutal one-sided loses, her stock has drastically lowered. Furthermore since Dana let Ronda get away with doing no press before her last fight he probably feels like he doesn't owe her anything.

The numbers don't paint an accurate picture of his record. He lost to Cain, Werdum 2x, Arlovski during his hot phase, and now Lewis.
With the exception of Lewis, there's no shame in any of those losses. I respect that Travis will fight anyone, but he should be picking his fights more wisely. There's no shame in admitting that you're not ready for the top guys and need more experience.
After being beat by Cain, it made no sense for him to rematch a Werdum that had already beaten him and was just the champ. He should have been fighting Beast around that time.

they wont cut him they want to milk his DNB girlfriend so he has a free pass forever

Probably a combination of Ronda, and a weak division.

Just like Eye. If there was some more high end talent at BW. She'd be over at Invicta.

I seem to recall Browne negotiating a huge pay raise prior to the first Werdum fight. I wouldn't cut him, but I'd sure go back to paying him much less. It's possible the UFC has a softspot for him and doesn't want to see him leave for Bellator though.

they would be giving a decent and exciting fighter away to their competition with all the free agent stuff i think they will give him a fight he cant lose which they should have done by now anyway.

Its heavyweight. Anybody with any kind of draw has to be forced out.....maybe 7 loses in a row and they HAVE to cut him. Heavyweight is super thin...always has been.

Hope he gets sent to Bellator, and Meathead gets his revenge for Browneye skewering his retina clear out da socket

Matt-Mitrione-eye-injury-595x358.jpg
jesus christ, i still have to stop and look every time I see that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back