When do you leave a job?

Great point. I've been "that guy" before and I was actually glad to get called out once because I deserved it resulted in a great discussion.

Yeah, everyone that works for me knows pretty quickly that I appreciate criticism.

When I sign people on to work -I am also signing on their ability to feed their families, clothe their kids,...pay their house notes etc etc -It's alot of pressure for me to go meet and land projects to keep my people working -It requires extraordinary dediction in an industry that is ultra competive -most people would do what I do for free -so imagine how hard it is to get paid what you worth without being undercut by a startup.

I guess my main point for TS is -A boss is likely under a completely different set of pressures that you probably cannot begin to recognize. If at the end of the day, if you can forget about your job, live your life, and enjoy yourself -thank your boss -because he/she's the person who can't do that because they have to look ahead to keep the thing going..

So a dialog with you boss in which you recognize this to you boss would go a long way in creating a better environment.

An if TS' is still a prick.... then look elsewhere.

If you hate your job,keep looking for a new one until you find one.I'm lucky to have a job,but don't like it.As a result,I still look for for other jobs on my day off.

I've edited my resume and reposted it online. I haven't been that dedicated in looking yet. Just sort of making that mental switch recently.

Top 3 Reasons People Leave Their Jobs

3. Feel unapreciated.

2. Don't like their coworkers

1. Don't like/respect their boss.

No 1 is supposed to be by far the most common reason.

before you quit your job, make sure you either have another job planned or a safety net for a couple months, until then just deal with it

You leave after you have accepted an offer from a better job.

Follow up question:

How do you go about scoring a new job without it being obvious? IE constantly showing up hours late to work (because you were at an interview).

I'm paid well. I don't leave my job. Drama at your workforce is for the weak minded.

I'm paid well. I don't leave my job. Drama at your workforce is for the weak minded.

Aren't you the same fella who called people idiots for spending good money on clothes?

Is this a status thread? All of you idiots must be thousands in debt if your buying clothing bullshit like this.

Paid well. Weak minded. Awesome.

Follow up question:

How do you go about scoring a new job without it being obvious? IE constantly showing up hours late to work (because you were at an interview).

go to interviews after work, during break, etc, make sure you tell potential employers they cant contact your present employer unless you get a job offer, DONT TELL ANYONE AT WORK, EVEN YOUR SO CALLED CLOSE FRIENDS

Go pay an experienced employment law attorney for advice and research "involuntary resignation" and "constructive termination" before you do anything.

I'm not going to tell you when it's truly best to leave a job, that's a judgement that purely lies on your shoulders.

To me, it's best to leave a job when you get to the point where you start to hate life in general and lose what it means to be human. It also depends on your situation, if you have kids that rely on you, the family always comes first regardless. When you lose sleep, and the days just start to become more of a haze, it's best to look into other employment. No job is worth less than 3 hours of sleep or something, unless you're making 150 grand or more a year.

You should always start looking for new jobs.

Dont be an idiot who quits a job without getting an offer

This.

Start looking for new jobs, when you have a new one try your hardest not to burn a bridge because you never know when someone may have an opportunity to fuck you over.

Go pay an experienced employment law attorney for advice and research "involuntary resignation" and "constructive termination" before you do anything.

Think I'll Google that some. Thanks for the tip.

When he's finished.

J/K

I'm at a similar situation right now and looking elsewhere.

Back