• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you know it was over?

WqwPg7.gif

I always had some weird feeling in Barao that he would meet someone that would figure him out completely and dismantle him, but never in a million years did I think it would be TJ to do it on short notice to boot. To me he was still just the guy that couldn't get past Assunção and got bollocked by Dodson.

When Renan Barão lost to TJ the first time you could see the change in him.

Was gonna say this one too. Was such a beating.

Barão had the bad version of "that look in his eye". The version where the guy is completely lost, looks almost scared and can't do anything to stop the mauling he's receiving.

I didn't see it live or anything, but when Matt Hughes beat Royce Gracie, you could tell MMA had well and truly moved on from its early days. Even Matt looked dismayed about it after the fight was over - the legend had fallen, and the mystique was forever gone.

For me, I started to see Fedor's decline during the Roger's fight. He started looking a little slower, almost abandoning what had kept him atop and a step ahead (mixing things together!)... when he got jabbed, pressed against the cage and sat on for a short min, but managed to do what he does... I feel that's when he started to slip, whether it be from age, becoming a brawler or a mixture. Still my favorite regardless!

I didn't see it live or anything, but when Matt Hughes beat Royce Gracie, you could tell MMA had well and truly moved on from its early days. Even Matt looked dismayed about it after the fight was over - the legend had fallen, and the mystique was forever gone.
I mean most people saw this as easy to predict

I mean most people saw this as easy to predict

Well sure. But the question wasn't "which fight surprised you"; it was "when did you know it was over."

Well sure. But the question wasn't "which fight surprised you"; it was "when did you know it was over."
I just feel like Saku ruined them well before that

When she took my credit card and went to Disneyland. Oh, for a fighter? Conor when Khabib smoked him.

Reactions: HHJ
When Tony beat Justin I brushed it off it is what it is one loss won’t effect Tony… then I saw him get manhandled by Charles but as soon as I saw him get destroyed by Benny I was like alright yeah Tony is done

When Tony beat Justin I brushed it off it is what it is one loss won’t effect Tony… then I saw him get manhandled by Charles but as soon as I saw him get destroyed by Benny I was like alright yeah Tony is done
I thought the Justin beating was def the beggining or the end. Life changing beating

When Frank Mir stopped Big Foot Silva and when Cejudo stopped Moraes.

I was a serious Anderson fan back then, so I left the first Weidman fight thinking Anderson's ego got him and he paid for his clowning, but could get that win back in a rematch if he took it more seriously.

Second fight when the leg snapped I knew his career would never be the same again.

Was gonna say this one too. Was such a beating.

Barão had the bad version of "that look in his eye". The version where the guy is completely lost, looks almost scared and can't do anything to stop the mauling he's receiving.

He went from the terminator to a kitten pretty quick sir lol.

Anderson vs Weidman: Anderson had a very long reign,but the wolves were baying at his door. Weidman was like Sonnen x 3,and we saw how hard a time he had with Sonnen,so I thought he'd lost but it was still shocking and surreal to see him dominated and then put unconcious. Like Wanderlei,you didnt think it could happen! Anderson stayed around a long long time after that,but his time on top was over.

Aaaaand once again, Andy didn't get dominated. He literally didn't try. He was playing with The Chris and had stated before the fight he wanted Chris to win because "I tired, man".

Then, his leg broke. Does that mean Chris is the better fighter for sure? Still no, because The Chris' leg ALSO broke. And he got ACTUALLY DOMINATED by Luke. Re-watch that fight. THAT is what domination looks like.

• Haha
Reactions: HHJ
When CM Punk did the slowest horse stance trot over to whoever whooped his ass, and then threw the slowest punch of mankind, while simultaneously watching his opponent duck under and take him down, I knew it was 100% totally over, any MMA dreams or aspirations were instantly nuked at that very instance. It was hilarious, it was sad, and it was deserving. You want to talk about a freakshow match? Look no further than what modern UFC deems worthy for their org.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back