When did The War Room first become a subforum on Sherdog?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I first started visiting Sherdog around 2006. I was in doing a deployment in Kuwait with the National Guard and would go online at the computer labs and read about the MMA news. I actually had a buddy back home that would record the PPV's on a DVD recorder and send them to me once a month.

I started off just going on the main page for news and fighter records and the forum eventually caught my eye, but I never really strayed away from the heavy's until several years later. I was just curious when the War Room first started as I only first remember reading threads here during the Obama presidency.

Last edited:
I thought it was spun off because there were way too many Iraq War threads, but I'm not 100% sure.

It's always been here

I think it was 2004. If you go back a little farther, there were no sub forums at all.

I think it was 2004. If you go back a little farther, there were no sub forums at all.

I just checked that archive website "The way back machine" and I'm pretty sure it has been here ever since I first started visiting this place. I remember the caption below the subforum now that read "Gun-toting Neocon, tree-hugging lib" before the format change. This shot is from early 2005, so I think you're right.

Screenshot-2020-01-03-Sherdog-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Forums.png

When the gun toting neo-cons and the tree huggin libs decided they wanted to duke it out.

Neo-cons have kind of vanished these days though. I think the sub heading needs updating.

When the gun toting neo-cons and the tree huggin libs decided they wanted to duke it out.

Neo-cons have kind of vanished these days though. I think the sub heading needs updating.

Gun toting alt righters and tranny loving libs?

Here is July 1 2004

lllSkIo.jpg

Here is July 26 2004

fhSJraT.jpg

Last edited:
Gun toting alt righters and tranny loving libs?
LGBT and Minority in media representation is destroying western civilisation and immigrants are destroying the white race alt light MAGA cultists VS Post modern neo-marxist communist feminist snowflake cuck SJWs..

Should've been put down then and there. Nip it in the bud.

No way, I pushed for it and was the first mod in here. I was happy it became so popular, and still am. Yeah, it has drawn a lot of shitty people, but still...

No way, I pushed for it and was the first mod in here. I was happy it became so popular, and still am. Yeah, it has drawn a lot of shitty people, but still...
So if someone here snaps and gets in the news, it's your fault?

Back