When did The War Room first become a subforum on Sherdog?

It was definitely 2004, I don't think that was the default colour scheme though. I remember mine was shades of blue. Changed to the black and red/orange/yellow (I'm assuming the software changed) not long after they made the War Room.

I thought it was spun off because there were way too many Iraq War threads, but I'm not 100% sure.
That's about right, I believe it spun off right around the time the Mayberry spun off from the OT as well... so probably 2003 or 2004 at the latest.

EDIT: Missed Fogie's and Ladder's post

Last edited:
I am really bored.

Here is July 1 2004

lllSkIo.jpg

Here is July 26 2004

fhSJraT.jpg
Crazy how many threads were in the OT at that time. Really goes to show how it was a catch all before the other gen disc. subs spun off. Add the F5 OT threads that were deleted during the migration in 2015 along with the post F5 threads (2008-current) and it's pretty astounding.

I just checked that archive website "The way back machine" and I'm pretty sure it has been here ever since I first started visiting this place. I remember the caption below the subforum now that read "Gun-toting Neocon, tree-hugging lib" before the format change. This shot is from early 2005, so I think you're right.

Screenshot-2020-01-03-Sherdog-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Forums.png
Dat old design was the shit

I just checked that archive website "The way back machine" and I'm pretty sure it has been here ever since I first started visiting this place. I remember the caption below the subforum now that read "Gun-toting Neocon, tree-hugging lib" before the format change. This shot is from early 2005, so I think you're right.

I remember the "gun-toting neocon? Tree-hugging lib?" now from when i came on in 2014 until whenver the format change happened a few years back..

Also "The 9/11 anti CT Thread" right under "Big ass shark pics"

Sherdog covers all grounds folks.

It was for the 2004 election right around the debates.

Also, people forget just how insane the Bush years were.

I remember the "gun-toting neocon? Tree-hugging lib?" now from when i came on in 2014 until whenver the format change happened a few years back..

It still says "Gun-toting neocon? Tree-hugging lib? Duke it out in the War Room" for me when I'm on a PC.

It still says "Gun-toting neocon? Tree-hugging lib? Duke it out in the War Room" for me when I'm on a PC.
Yeah, except there’s rules now.

used to be somewhat brutal. Now it’s war room lite, where a good comeback is a laughing gif or a hotdog crazed rob ford

It was for the 2004 election right around the debates.

Also, people forget just how insane the Bush years were.

The Bush years sucked. It felt like everything tripled in price from 2001-2009.

"duke it out" but please use a helmet, 20 oz gloves, and no direct punching

Didn't it used to encourage flaming right under the gun toting neo-con, tree hugging lib part?

Here is July 1 2004

But that July made me shiver, with every thread that I would enter
Bad news on the front page
A new home for all the outrage

I can't remember if I cried
When I read the first racist reply
But something felt wrong deep inside
The day our senses died

Back