When Did The '90's era' died?

RowdyLesnar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You always hear about 80s died when Nirvana's arrival or some other shit but when did the 90s died? Any theory?

9/11

Or the tech bubble bursting.
thats-true-gif.514800

9-11 was the key event that brought a rather abrupt end to the 90s, because of the ripple effect it had around the whole world, and destroyed a general societal attitude that had grown through the ’90s, among other things.

9-11 was the key event that brought a rather abrupt end to the 90s, because of the ripple effect it had around the whole world, and destroyed a general societal attitude that had grown through the ’90s, among other things.

Bush beating Gore and before that Putin's rise I think also really punched a hole in the "end of history" narrative, I mean I think that was BS from the start but it did collapse quite fast.

In terms of art I think the Matrix in 99 seemed like a significant shift in mainstream film, seemed like the end of the dominance of the "family CGI event" film that started with Jurrasic Park.

Music I think becomes very hard to judge after that point are your not really getting the same clear movements as in the 20th century, indie rock for example just sort of carried on in diminishing returns for most of the 00's until it finally faded back to the underground.

Bush beating Gore and before that Putin's rise I think also really punched a hole in the "end of history" narrative, I mean I think that was BS from the start but it did collapse quite fast.

In terms of art I think the Matrix in 99 seemed like a significant shift in mainstream film, seemed like the end of the dominance of the "family CGI event" film that started with Jurrasic Park.

Music I think becomes very hard to judge after that point are your not really getting the same clear movements as in the 20th century, indie rock for example just sort of carried on in diminishing returns for most of the 00's until it finally faded back to the underground.

Indie rock slowly morphed into adult alternative, IMO.

Kids don't seem to be listening to indie rock proper anymore, but 30-somethings are for sure.

Indie rock slowly morphed into adult alternative, IMO.

Kids don't seem to be listening to indie rock proper anymore, but 30-somethings are for sure.

Which was a bit different from what we'd experienced previously, there wasn't a "scorched earth" moment were kids suddenly stopped listening to indie rock it just kind of faded away into middle aged corporate irrelevance via Coldplay.

Last edited:
The 80s and 90s have been coming back man.

Kids are wearing high waist mom jeans all of a sudden because it's all the rage on tiktok.

After years of skinny jeans being fashionable we may see a full reboot of JNCO jeans.

Guess it depends on if you consider Y2K era (boybands, pop punk, Attitude Era, xtreme things etc.) to be "90s era" or its own thing. If the former then I guess 9/11 or maybe you could stretch it until the invasion of Iraq; if the latter then probably the deaths of Tupac and Biggie

After years of skinny jeans being fashionable we may see a full reboot of JNCO jeans.
God, please no.. We seemed to have hit the happy medium right now between the potato sacks of the 90s/2000s and the jeggings from the Obama era, if women can ditch the mom jeans I'd say we are pretty much set on jeans as is.

The zeitgeist of the 90's was on life support after 9-11. I think the final nails in the coffin were the emergence of social media and smartphones.

Back